Another Normal Miserable Day

Monica

"Ms. Rosario this is getting ridiculous, one more tardy mark and you will be in detention for the rest of the marking period." My first period Teacher Mr. Vatz said. Everyone laughed as I walked into my second period late for the third time that week. I didn't find anything funny, Rodney is getting a little more physical with me but thank fully I still have my innocence. Just as I sat in my seat the bell rang and everyone left the classroom. I lifted from my seat and headed to my next class of misery with Jessica and Yolanda.

"Monica! "I turned around and hugged Kayla. I almost forgot that I had that class with her. I was just tired and frustrated at the teacher. I don't know why he's always on my case I literally have a 99% in his class. "What was that about in there?" She asked refereeing to me leaving class without acknowledging her. I just shook my head.

"I over slept." It wasn't a full lie. I do over sleep but, when Rodney is off I have to cook a big breakfast than I have to make sure Ava is all good. That leaves me with little to no time to get ready and almost surely make me late for school. I can tell by the look on Kayla's face that she really didn't believe me, but I guess she let it go. I wouldn't believe it either. Who the hell over sleeps just about every single day? We got to my locker but I couldn't get to it because one of Christian's friends Omar was standing in front of it. I'm not sure why he was even there his locker was in the 600 block of the school and I'm in the 300 block.

"Hey Monica" I hear Omar say through laughter as he stands in front of my locker.

"Move Dick head." Kayla snapped.

"I am afraid I can't do that," He laughed while grabbing my bag. "Well what do we have in here?" He said opening the bag and dumping everything out on the floor.

I didn't even bother to tell them to stop I'm used to it. They have done worse things like, lock me in a janitor's closet, put worm's in my lunch, and like a couple of days kick me when I'm down. I just started to pick everything up.

"Monica......" I heard Kayla begin.

"It's ok Kayla." I said.

"No it's not ok, they really shouldn't treat you like this." She said and I just wiped the one tear that managed to make its way down my face.

"Awe, what did they do now? "Jessica asked as her and Yolanda came around the corner laughing. But like always I just ignored her. "To afraid to talk?" Jessica continued.

"No, she doesn't have time to talk. Leave her the fuck alone!" Kayla snapped pushing her out the way so I can walk by. This was another normal miserable day. The worst part is its not even over. I still have to deal with Rodney when I get home.

***

"Ava, finish up your food so you can go on up to bed." I said looking at the time. It was nearing 9 o'clock. Rodney would be home any minute and I didn't like her out when he was home. He says he would never touch her as long as he has me but I wouldn't put it pass his nasty ass.

"But, I want." She started to pout. I raised my eyebrow and she just finished eating. "Monica I don't like him." Ava said as referring to Rodney as she helped me clean up.

"I don't like him either but it'll be over soon ok." I said.

"But he hits you. Monica that's not ok." She said and sounded like she wanted to cry.

"Well as long as Rodney don't hit you I'll be good. Now go on up before he come home all drunk and stuff you don't need to be around all that." I shared with her. Ava nodded hugging me and went to her room and locked her door. About 10 minutes after that Rodney came stumbling in. I already had his plate heated up to the temperature he liked and the house spotless clean that way there was no reason for him to be upset. I handed him his plate and started to creep up to my room.

"Touch it." He said grabbing my arm.

"Uncle Rodney please I just want go to bed." I said and he grabbed me by my hair.

"Bitch your lucky I'm not telling you to suck it." He said angrily. I sighed and he pulled his pants down. His dick was semi hard. He made me touch it. After a while he told me I wasn't doing it right. So he beat me. I said I was sorry that I tried but that just made him hit me even more. Punching at my side and back adding on to the bruises he had already given me. I was in so much pain. I shouldn't have to deal with this. I'm only 16. I cried and gathered myself up enough strength to walk upstairs and went up to make sure Ava was ok. I knew she could hear my screams. Every night I pray to god and ask him to take me away from this pain. I have a love hate relationship with him. He couldn't care about me. He took the two best things away from me and dumped me and my sister into this hell hole. What did I do so fucking wrong?