Because She's a Nobody

Christian

"Aye man we heard the news, Monica! Man this is going to be hilarious." Omar laughed.

"Nigga I'm not laughing." I said as we sat in my house watching TV.

"Boy, what I tell you about that damn word." My mother said smacking me on the back of my head then sat some food down so we could all have a snack.

"Sorry mama." I said smiling at her then turned back to Omar.

"I know she better get me back on the team. She thought people hated her now, shit, I mean shoot." I said my mother slapped me upside my head and gave me the eye.

"Why yall bother that girl anyway? I've seen her before she real quiet, don't mess with anybody, she don't smell and she's not ugly, to be honest she's really pretty. So why bother her?" Destiny asked sitting down in between me and Omar. Destiny is 16 a year younger than me and was sent to another high school so she can major in dance.

"Destiny she just, aint right. What is it to you? Let me find out you playing for a different team." That was all I could muster up. I really don't know why we pick on her. It started with Jessica and we all just took after her. I guess it's just something to do.

"Whatever Christian I don't like girls but im starting to think you playing other sides. Only undercover gay men pick on females to prove they can be a man. I did the research, read all about it." She laughed. I jumped on her tickling her sides until she was laughing so hard it hurt.

"Ok, Ok, Ok Christian! You got it." She laughed and I stopped. It took her a while to catch her breath.

"I'm just saying she might be a cool girl. Why don't yall just leave her alone." Destiny said getting up and was about to walk out.

"Because she is a nobody." Omar said giving me pound. What we were saying sounded really stupid but I just went with it.

"That's what you guys do to nobodies huh? Well why yall don't do that to Omar cause he definitely ain't shit." She said walking out. I couldn't help but laugh.

"You kids are going to stop with all that foul talking in my house!" My mother yelled from the kitchen.

"Sorry mama, but I don't see why they stuck me with that girl." I said shaking my head.

"Well I'm sure she has a social life too and she's taking her time out to help you, which im sure she doesn't want to do either, so don't you go being mean to that girl ok." My mother said. See my mom has got to be the sweetest and understanding woman I ever met.

"Ok Mama." I said and Omar and I left out to play ball.

***

Monica

"You shouldn't do this Monica. He is a fool and if his dumb ass failed, he made his own grave let the Nigga die in it." Kayla said as we sat in the park. I was watching Ava swing on the swings.

"It's really ok Kayla. I need the money anyway." I said.

"What about your pride? Monica you need that too. Just the other day in the hallway he was so fucking rude to you. I don't know how you put up with it." She started.

"Kayla just leave it, I'm going to be fine." Just as I said that I saw Christian and Omar walk into the park. I looked away when he caught eye contact with me. When I looked back I could see him starting to walk to the side of the park that we were on.

"Ava common it's time to go." I said getting up.

"But Monica, I..."

"Just come on were going to get some ice cream. You do want ice cream right?" She stopped the protest when she heard ice cream and her face lit up.

"Yay ice cream." She said jumping off the swing and ran to me and Kayla.

"Monica she is too cute. That pretty face is going to take her far someday. And she's so smart to go along with it." Kayla laughed. I chuckled a little but all I wanted to do was get out this damn park. But he had already made it to where we were.

"Yo, if you wanted to spend time with me you only had to d...." He started but Kayla cut him off.

"First off, she was forced to do it dumb ass." Kayla began to snap snapped.

"Doesn't Monicant have a voice of her own? Why don't you let her use it?" Omar said.

"I..." I started to talk but I guess I took too long cause he cut me off.

"Look me and you, library after practice according to the coach. I have to oversee practice." He said walking away. Rodney gets home early tomorrow and he would be mad if I miss it. I have to clean cook. How and I suppose to do all of that?

"Monica, he's cute." I heard Ava say as she smiled. As soon as it appeared, it disappeared and she continued. "But he's so rude." When she said that Kayla laughed.

"Ava what you know about cute?" we all laughed before going to get our promised ice cream.

_______________________

didnt proof read

not sure if anyone is reading this but if you are

i updated for you

i plan on writing something tomorrow sometime

during the day so maybe i'll post but in the mean time

enjoy