Something has to Change

Monica

Christian danced, kissed and talked to me until I looked at the time I started to feel sad cause I really had to go home.

"Babe, I have to go." I said he sighed I guess he didn't want me to go either but he knew I had to go.

"Alright common let's go." He said blowing out the candles. I grabbed my things and we started to walk out. We talked even more in the car. I felt kind of out of it when the car stopped and I realized I was three blocks away from my house. I didn't want to go. I didn't want to be around Rodney but it wasn't that. It wasn't even because of Ava but because I didn't want to leave Christian. Other people have all the time in the world to explore relationships and even love. But Christian and I don't. We have a few minutes here and there we would even be lucky if we get three hours alone.

"When am I going to meet your family?" Christian asked.

"You did, Ava remember." I smiled hoping that would be the end of it.

"Naw Monica, like your family, parents, your uncle and you haven't introduced me to Ava as your boyfriend." He said leaning over to kiss me. But the mention of my parents and Rodney got me all tense.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"My parents died a few years back." I said trying to hold back the tears that were starting to build up.

"Oh Monica I'm..." He started but I cut him off.

"Don't say you're sorry...don't say anything it's over with." I said he nodded.

"So...can I meet your uncle that's who you live with right." He said. Agh he just doesn't give up.

"Yes I live with my uncle but no you can't meet him...you won't be introduced to Ava as my boyfriend cause I'm your secret.  Christian you can't show me to all your friends so I can't show you to my family." I said getting defensive. This was all new to me someone being interested in my home life. I'm not so upset that we can't be together publicly but I really couldn't let him meet Rodney. I got out the car.

"Monica," I heard him call as I walked around to the driver's side.

"Yes may I help you." I said rolling my eyes.

"I'm sorry...I wasn't being fair." He said. I smiled a little kissing his lips.

"Ok Babe, I'll see you tomorrow." I said as I walked to the house making sure I put the chain Christian got me away. I really didn't need to get caught with that. I walked in the house saw Rodney's work bags by the door. I knew he was home. But I'm still kind of early so everything would be fine as long as I said I had after school. I walked in putting my bags by the front door. Making my way to Ava's Room. Making sure she was ok. I walked in the room was kind of dark. But she always slept with her night light so I could see her sleeping on her bed. I could hear growling sounds but couldn't make out what it was. I turned on the light to see Rodney sitting in a chair in the corner of the room. His pants down to his ankles his manhood in his hands stroking away. He looked at me and smirked.

"What the hell!" I yelled. "You touched her Rodney I'll kill you! You sick son of a bitch." I snapped. I don't know where the hell I got the bravery from. But I charged at him fractured ribs and all. He simply got up grabbing me out the room and into the hallway shutting the door behind him.

"You touched her!" I yelled over and over again swinging on him.

"Relax bitch I didn't lay a hand on her. She was just a nice sight but I want you." He smirked I looked at him like he was crazy tears running down my face. He was telling the truth. But the fact was he actually touched himself looking at her. That's how it all starts. I won't let it happen to her.