Chapter 8

"I guess we'll start with the playground then?" I suggest, waiting for Jimin's reaction. He nods his head.

"Alright."

"Where is it?"

"I guess I'll lead the way." He smiles a bit before taking the lead. I follow shortly behind him.

There was still light outside and we had roughly 2 hours before the sun went down. There was a slight breeze but it wasn't too cold.

"So why do you spend so much time there?"

"Why do you spend so much time in the woods, hmm?"

"Wise ass." I rolled my eyes.

"I just enjoy it." He shrugged nonchalantly, smiling.

"Hm, I can't enjoy something with so many people around. I enjoy privacy."

"We all have our preferences." I shoved in one ear bud (and only one so that I could actually converse with Jimin) before pressing play on my phone. You guessed it.

GFriend for days.

"Mi gustas tu."

"Wha-what?" Jimin's eyes widened.

"Oh- the song." I held up my phone and shook it around a bit.

"By GFriend?"

"Yeah."

"Are you serious?"

"Are you judging me right now?"

"No." I could just tell he was holding back laughter.

"What?!"

"Nothing." It was silent for a moment before he bursts out laughing. "GFriend Yoongi? Really? Of all the things I thought you would be listening to all those times I saw you with your earbuds in and head face down on the table, that is what it was? Mi gustas tu?"

"Shut up. I just came out to have a good time and I'm honestly feeling so attacked right now." I was kind of embarrassed now.

"Really?" He was still laughing.

"You put me in such an uncomfortable situation like you know how I feel, you know I'm not happy."

"Yoongi calm down." He chuckled and that sound was enough to make me chill the fuck down for about a week or two.

"Okay, okay. Are we almost there?"

"Yep, it's just around the block."

"Good because my feet were getting tired."

"It's not like we're stopping to rest, Yoongi. The sun goes down in less than two hours and we need to find my body."

"I know, I know. So sassy."

"I'm the sassy one?"

I nodded. "Yes."

"Ok Minty, whatever floats your boat."

"Minty?" The fuck?

"Your hair." I saw him cover his cheeks which immediately signaled to me that he was blushing.

"So does that mean I can call you carrot head?"

"Absolutely not." He glared at me and pouted.

"How is that fair?"

"Who in their right minds would want to be called carrot head?!"

"People with a fetish for carrots...?"

"Oh my god. Why did I ever start- I don't understand- you're so-" Jimin smiled brightly at me before turning his attention away from me and towards the entrance of the park. We entered it and skimmed our eyes around for anything.

"So, any ideas? There's not many places where a body could be here. And I don't think someone would leave a body at the park, too noticeable, don't you think?"

"Well you never know. Oh my god, what if they hurried my body!! Yoongi! It's going to be impossible to find it, oh my god."

"Listen," I begin, placing my hand on his shoulder. "If we can't find it in any of these places, I'll go to the professionals and they'll give it a second look. Alright?" He nodded his head weakly.

"Now, where do you chill at this park?"

"Right over there, the bench by the sandbox."

"I swear if you're buried in the sandbox."

"Who would even-"

"Necrophilic people with sandbox fetishes?"

"Yoongi I swear to god."

"Listen I'm just trying to help." I walk to the sand box and start digging around in it. Instead of being met by Jimin's body, I was met with the cold glare of a five year old girl.

"Excuse me peppermint face, I'm trying to build a sand castle here!"

Did she just-

"Little girl, where is your mother? I would like that have a word with her after I-"

"Yoongi she's a child!"

"She provoked me!"

"Who are you talking to psycho?"

Oh hell no.

"Listen here bi-"

"Yoongi! Stop acting like you're a child too!"

"Whatever."

Unfortunately after countless arguments with the little girl, the sandbox was only one foot deep so it was impossible to hide a body in there.

"Let's just scope out the area then?" Jimin suggested and I nodded.

"Why not?" I agree and we begin walking the parameter of the park. We found absolutely nothing suspicious and sat down on the bench by the sandbox to rest for a second before leaving.

"Well that was a waste of time." I groan, extremely tired from all the walking we had just did.

"No it's just one less place where my body isn't."

"Way to be positive."

"It's the only way I can look forward." Jimin sighed and rested his face in his hands. I suddenly stop with the shit attitude and pat his back.

"We're going to find your body-"

"That's not the only problem Yoogi."

"Hm?"

"I died. I didn't get to experience everything I wanted to. Graduation, college, love, marriage, etc..."

"Life is shitty anyways, you're lucky you got out early, eh?"

"Life is beautiful Yoongi, I don't think you'll understand it until your time is up too."

We stayed quiet for a couple minutes. I stared at the wooden bench and noticed something poking out from under my leg. I move over a bit and take a closer look. It was a carving of a heart with letters in it.

MY + PJ

Couples, so gross and cliche. I quickly cover it back up with my leg.

"We should make our way to the next stop shouldn't we?"

"Yeah..." Jimin agreed.

"I could really go for some ice cream right now actually." I said, thinking of the ice cream parlor that Jimin met Taehyung at.

"It's autumn!"

"And your point exactly?"

"I just keep finding out more and more about you everyday."

"Back at ya. You know, I might even miss you when you're gone."

"Ha, funny." He laughed.

"It wasn't a joke Jimin..."

_____________________

For my bby Live-Love-Read bc she's always telling me to update smh.