Chapter 40

"It'll just be me for tonight, so no need to hide anything." I had called Mrs. Park once I had calmed down to let her know that my parents would not be attending dinner.

"Ah, is that so, a shame really. But we'll have a lot of fun together. I want to learn more about my future son in l- HONEY? CAN YOU CHECK THE OVEN, SOMETHING SMELLS LIKE IT'S BURNING." There was a pause before I heard some rustling around. "Shi- Yoongi sweetie, I have to go, I'll see you later okay? Around seven?"

"Sounds fine to me."

"Perfect. See you then." She hung up. I put down my phone and looked at Jimin. He was trying to read my face since I had completely shut down my emotions after that whole little breakdown I had.

"Are you sure you're okay?" He asked me for the umpteenth time.

"Jimin I'm fine." I rolled my eyes. He still didn't seem to believe me.

"You see, I know that's not true. Your face says otherwise. You're trying to hide it. You forget I have had the biggest crush on you since forever so I know about all the little expressions you make and even the placid mask you put up when you're upset or don't want to show how you're feeling."

"There's no winning with you." Sighing, I let my mouth fall into a pout and Jimin smiled a small smile, happy that I opened up to him.

"Good. Now I have the ability to cheer you up since you admit your defeat." I laughed softly and grabbed his hand, giving it a squeeze. I wanted to forget the dreadful feeling I had and put all my focus on Jimin.

"I'm thirsty." I stood up from my bed, dragging him up along with me and made my way down the stairs and into the kitchen. I raid the fridge and end up grabbing a water bottle from the counter. Jimin laughed at me.

"What?"

"Nothing. You're just cute."

"Shut up, I know." We went back up to my room and it hit me then.

I never actually asked Jimin out.

Which gave me a new objective.

I would wait until he woke up, but, why?

Why not now?

"Hey, let's go to the park."

"The park, why-"

"Just cause." I shrugged. "Then we can go to my favorite spot."

"I don't know, I'm kind of tired though-"

"Jesus Christ Jimin, I'm trying to ask you out on a date." I rushed out, half embarrassed, half sly.

"Oh. In that case..." He grinned.

"Of course we'll make it in time for Thanksgiving dinner, but since we have a few hours, I thought, why not? Let's be spontaneous. I've never asked you out on a proper date, so this is me doing so. Park Jimin, would you like to accompany me, Min Yoongi, to a lovely afternoon, just us two? Hopefully with no interruptions."

"I'd love that."

"Great, it's a date. Get ready, I want you looking your best." I chuckled and watched as he tried to contain his smile, but he lost and I got to see his eyes crinkle up and glow like they did when ever he was really happy.

"I'll get ready downstairs. I'll come check on you in an hour, and you better be ready." I said, grabbing his waist and pulling him towards me, kissing his cheek before releasing him and leaving him in a daze. Before he could respond, I grabbed the clothes I had picked out for dinner and quickly shuffled down the stairs before rushing into the bathroom and turning on the shower.

I was a bit nervous.

Which was completely abnormal. It was Jimin, I've been with him for almost three whole months? What's got me so nervous?

Maybe the fact that it was an actual date?

Maybe it's just the idea of being alone with him in public.

I'm sure no one would be at the park since it was a holiday, everyone's home with their families, so maybe we would truly be alone in his favorite place before we went to mine.

Or maybe it's just the fact that my feelings for him have developed way more than I allowed them to and I may go into cardiac arrest if he smiles at me one more time.

Whether it be for either reason, I was nervous. Excited, but nervous.

Stepping out of the shower, I grabbed the towel I had taken for myself and dried my body and dampened my hair. I put on a white button up with nice black pants and a black tie. Had to look fancy not only for the date but for dinner as well.

I made my way out the bathroom and to the bottom of the staircase where I found my dressiest shoes and slid them on.

"Park Jimin, you better be ready!"

"Of course I'm ready, what took you so long?" I heard him scoff and appear around the corner. His orange hair was styled up and to the sides. He was wearing a lavender button up and a pair of gray pants with a gray bow tie to match.

Adorable sight if I do say so myself. And I do.

"That's not fair, you can't look better than me!"

"Oh please Yoongi." He rolled his eyes and I took his hand in mine when he made it to the bottom. Intertwining our fingers I opened the front door and led him out with me, closing it behind us.

"To the park?"

"To the park."

"Ha, Park Jimin- I just noticed. Is this why you like the park, Jimin?"

"Oh my god."

"You love me~"

"Ha, ok."

"Don't deny the truth, lies can stab you in the back later on."

He stayed quiet, which wasn't expected. I observed his actions carefully. He was avoiding eye contact and even had his head turned completely away from me.

I knew he was hiding something. I stopped us in the middle of the sidewalk and spun him so that he was facing me. He wouldn't look me in the eye. I could tell he was biting down on his tongue.

"What aren't you telling me?" I raised an eyebrow accusingly.

__________________________

Holy
Ok
Thank you guys for 5k reads and 900+ votes!!! I never thought this story would reach that many and I'm just so happy

Thank you so much for reading

I can now safely say that this story is ending in about 10 or so chapters, give or take a few.