Chapter 15

Jimin was staring at the ripples of water in the lake as I just observed him. It was too strange to accept the fact that he wasn't actually there, he felt so real-- he is so real, to me at least. I thought about how long I actually had left with this boy.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I questioned him lightly, hoping that maybe he would open up to me about this topic. I know that it was hard enough for him to actually say he liked me to my face.

"About me liking you? Well I don't usually go around yelling out my feelings..."

"No, not that."

"Then what?"

"Your social anxiety." He thought about it for a second, collecting his thoughts I guess. He sighed before he started.

"I don't know. Somehow, when I saw that you could see me, I didn't feel the need to stay away. I didn't have a problem talking to you at all actually, which is really weird to me. For some reason I got this whole new confidence. It's probably because I'm dead. I didn't tell you because I hadn't been put in an overwhelming social situation. Usually I can't go to places with a lot of people. But I didn't feel any need to hold back when I became whatever I am right now."

"Ghost perks?" I suggested.

"Probably." He chuckled and picked up a small pebble before skidding it into the lake. It bounced three times.

"But we have talked those couple times. A few words, but it was something." I mentioned, thinking back to the time where he bumped into me and the time we had received each other's papers to grade in class.

"Trust me when I say I was having a panic attack on the inside." Jimin shuddered and brought his knees up to his chest which made me pout.

"Do you have panic attacks a lot?" Even though I knew it wouldn't happen anymore, I was still concerned for him and there was always the possibility.

"Every now and then. I do get close, very close, to having them a lot. It takes me a while to recover and calm down but, I do eventually, and it's just something I have to live with. I hate it, I hate having this. It really sucks."

"I agree. It kept you from me for years." I shook my head and pulled out my phone. "Let me call this social anxiety bitch up, I'm going to fight her. I don't care if she's a girl." Jimin laughed at me and smiled.

"I really love it when you smile." I state, staring at his face and watched as he instantly turned red on cue.

"Thanks." He buried his head in his knees.

"Don't hide yourself from me~ I want to see your smiling face! I want to see every expression your face makes actually. Quick, do a funny face or something." Jimin doesn't move. "Are you just going to ignore me now?" Still no response. "Wow, just wow. You know, I have never felt so disrespected in my entire li-"

"Yoongi shut up."

"Make me."

"I don't know how..."

"Exactly."  I grinned. "C'mon, let's go to Hoseok's now." I tell him, standing up and putting my hand out to help him stand up with me. He grabs it and I pull him up until he's standing.

But as soon as he's standing I push him into the lake.

"Yoongi!" He shouts and splashes around like a dog. I couldn't keep my laughter down and I could feel the daggers he sent straight at me with his eyes.

"Yes?" I ask innocently.

"Really?! How immature can you be?!"

"Oh you don't know the half of it."

He swims to where the water meets where I was standing and begins to pull himself up. When he's out I take off my jacket and wrap it around him.

"Well it's a good thing you brought extra clothes then. I pat his back and try to contain my laughs.

"Is your cell phone in your jacket?"

"Yes, why?"

My eyes widened and before I could take any action I was shoved into the lake myself.

"That's cheating!" I claim once I reach the surface of the water and take a breath.

"Don't hate the player, hate the game." Jimin winks before taking off my jacket and jumping in the water next to me. When he comes back up to breathe he splashes me."This is a pretty deep lake."

"No, it gets deeper if we go out further, which I don't suggest." The lake was about five feet deep in the area we were at. I splashed Jimin back.

We ended up having a splash war which resulted in my coughing up and choking on water trying to breathe, holding onto the the edge that separated the water and land as Jimin kept apologizing.

Note to self: Jimin takes splash wars really seriously. And he's really good at them.

We both got out the lake and sat down for a bit to dry up a little.

"I'm going to end up sick because of you." I accuse.

"I'm not even sorry. You provoked it."

"Well it looks like we'll have to make a stop by my house before Hoseok's to shower together."

"Together?!" Jimin went wide eyed.

"I'm joking. I mean, unless you want to." I don't think I'm controlling what I'm saying when I say things like this but it just slips out.

"No!" Jimin huffed and stomped away to grab his bag.

"I didn't think showering with myself was that bad." I say.

"I don't care, lalalalala I can't hear you."

"And you call me the childish one?!"

"This is your fault lalalalala."

"Do inappropriate comments make you uncomfortable?"

"What did you say, sorry couldn't hear you over my huge ego complimenting me."

"I'm going to take that as a yes and move on. Good to know these things."

"Let's just go home now." Jimin exasperated and pointed to the way out.

"Alright, pushy."

"Pushy my ass."

"I'll gladly pushy your ass."

"Yoongi!"

"Joking." I laugh. "Or am I?"

_______________________

I should really be sleeping but you know what
BTS is better than sleep so I'll just binge watch their videos until morning ((: