Chapter 20

You guys are so quick to click on the updates omfg
_________________

"Is it true, you know, about you liking Jimin?"

I was just wondering why this was still a topic of conversation. What had struck Hoseok's interest in the subject? But maybe I was overthinking it and he was just curious. After all he is my best friend.

"Yes, it's true." I nod and glance over at Jimin to see him pretending to be asleep. He was breathing too hard to actually be sleeping. But I decided to just leave him pretending.

"Well I never thought I would say this."

"What?" I asked.

"I'm jealous."

"Wait- what?" I almost choked on my saliva. Did Hoseok-

"Yeah, you heard me correctly." He chuckled.

"So you're jealous of Jimin? Does that mean you like me? Are you confessing? I'm sorry Hoseok, you're like a brother-" I was trying to piece it together.

"No you fucking idiot, I'm jealous of you."

"Wait- what? Now I'm even more confused."

"I like Jimin too." He rolled his eyes.

"Oh."

"This means we're rivals. But I'm jealous of you because you have the advantage. Namjoon told me about Jimin having an interest in you, and only you."

"And I'm just now hearing about this?"

"Well I had to collect information before telling you."

"Right..."

There was no way I was letting him anywhere near my carrot head when he comes back... If he comes back...

"How did you fall for him?" Hoseok asked. He probably wanted to prove that his liking for him was better than mine.

"Well, how did you?" I wanted to hear his answer before I gave him my own.

"I think his shyness is cute." I do too, but that's not why I fell for him. "And he has a nice ass." If there was anything I wanted to do right now it would be smacking Hoseok upside the head. "Now you go."

"I fell for the way he looks at me. He does this one smile where his eyes squint right before he lets out a laugh or when you make him happy. Also, his laugh in general is just the most amazing thing. His orange hair, the way he tries to be tough which always fails in the end. His flustered expression. His love for art. I think just him in general."

"That's lame." Hoseok rolled his eyes and covered himself with the sheets of his blanket.

"I mean, he does have a nice ass, I'm not denying that." I laughed and Hoseok nodded in agreement.

But there's so much more to him than that.

I know it hasn't been that long at all. But it doesn't take that long to like someone. Especially when it's someone like Jimin.

"Just know that when he comes back, it's war."

"Alright Hoseok, alright." But what he didn't know was that I already won.

Not that Jimin was a game or a prize. Not that I could even call him mine if I wanted to. I could never, actually, because othe fact of the matter is that we don't know if he's coming back or not.

I don't want to make things between me and Jimin official if I have no idea if he's coming back. The day I know Jimin will come back will be the day I ask him to be mine.

But hey, for now, I'm okay with the little something that we have that started today. And who knows, Jimin could be gone tomorrow, the day after that even. I don't want to get attached to someone who won't be able to stay. So I'll keep "us" in the place we are.

Whatever that place is.

I'd have to talk about it with Jimin tomorrow when we went home.

Hoseok called lights out and made me get up to shut the light off. I tripped over Jimin's body on my way back causing him to "wake up" when I knew his ass was awake the whole time in the first place.

The second I heard Hoseok's snores was the second I began talking to Jimin.

"I know you were listening." I spoke quietly. Hoseok was a heavy sleeper, not as heavy as myself but it wasn't like I had to whisper.

"This is weird." Jimin shook his head.

"Don't worry about it. Hoseok's feelings for you are mostly sexual attraction. And he has a thing for shy people, I don't know. He thinks he can just break their shell and that they'll be all over him the next second. He doesn't understand that it actually takes time for someone like that to open up to him."

"I'm glad I opened up to you." Jimin sighed.

"Well, you weren't shy at all at the start of this."

"Well I'm extremely thankful for these ghost perks."

"I'm thankful for them too." I chuckled and pulled Jimin's back against me, burying my face in the crook of his neck.

"What you said made me happy."

"What? About you having a nice ass?" I played dumb.

"No." He grumbled causing me to laugh softly. "You know..."

"Ah, I know. I'm just playing with you."

"When are you not?"

"That's true." We stayed quiet for a moment before Jimin spoke up again.

"I fell for your passion for music. Your sly smile whenever you were proud over something you did or something you said. Your cute sleepy expression and how you zone out in class. How you always look forward to whatever Jin made for lunch. How you were just, being you."

"Aw~ Jiminie." I cleared my throat and tried to act unphased, but his words really hit me. After all, he had liked me for a much longer time period than I, him. I reach up to kiss his the top of his head before bringing my own head back down to its previous spot on his neck. Jimin stayed silent and I assumed that he drifted off to sleep since his breathing steadied out.

I held onto him for dear life and wondered what the hell I was going to do when he was gone, I was already in too deep in such a short amount of time. How long would this last?

__________________

My own story makes me so emo