Chapter 8

chloe

I gave her my critiques.
Mostly on how to model correctly and she seemed to be human for a quick second.

She took the detail I was giving her without trying to make a corny pick up line with it.

-
Afterwards, I finally decided to pick a few of the selections she'd brought me and have them put them out in market.

"Thank you so much Chloe"
She smiled, seeming genuine.

"Ms. And you're welcome."
I smiled politely and looked through the file cabinet for the agreement contract.

"You just ain't tryna give me the time of day huh?"

I thought about it.

Why exactly would I risk time and emotions investing into someone who seems incapable of putting aside her cockiness and pride.?

And that's when I realized.

I wouldn't.

"Look Ash-".

"Ziggy".

You could see the disturbance plastered all on her face. It was obvious she hated her birth name.

"Well, Ziggy. You seem like a cool person, truly. But I'm not really trying to convert my feelings, you know?"

She looked at me, and for a quick second, her eyes didn't seem as fake as her personality.

I slid over the contract and the pen, without hesitation, she signed the paper and left without a single word.

I guess she gave up.

ziggy

I sat in my car, blaring Bryson Tiller; "Been That Way". I feel this song described all emotions I was feeling at once .
Even though me and ol girl, sadly never shared a actual relationship.

I really wouldn't say I was in my feelings. But I've never been rejected so hard.

Andddd she was consistent.
Very different from the average.