Chapter 12

-How was it ever broken?-

I DM'ed Ziggy back before cranking up my car. I put my seat belt on before taking the route back to my place.

(next day)

ziggy

"Nigga why you smiling so hard?" Big Mike asked, looking over my shoulder as I hid my phone, sliding it in my pocket. "Nigga Nothing, now pass the blunt!" I tried to hide the slightest amount of joy that I had just from Chloe messaging me back.

We had been chatting all day and I could honestly say, she has yet to bore me and that was unusual considering how quickly I lose interest.

*Unknown Number*
-I miss you baby-

I looked over the text message before wondering who it could be. I knew it could only be someone from the past but the fact that I didn't save numbers made this all the more difficult trying to solve who was hitting my phone without having to ask .

I miss you too baby girl, what you up to now?

I texted back, waiting for any remote hint.

-Just finishing up this paperwork for Dave, you know how he gets when his cases are out of order.

The anonymous number replied.

-Yeah, ma, know how that nigga is, I can come over?

I responded still very lost. Usually when it's this many women a persons dealt with, they start keeping track.

- Nooo, I just told you , last week my mother was coming over. -

I frowned.

Who the fuck is this person texting my phone.