Chapter 20

Something about her was different and elegant, something about her screamed unique.
-4am poetry

Chris was sound asleep while I, on the other hand, couldn't bring myself to close my eyes. She was on my mind.

How could I have allowed myself to get this way over a woman? All before, it was me making someone feel vulnerable, but now the cards have been flipped.

I shook my head and got out of the bed, pulling on my clothing as I sneakily left out of the room. There was no need for her to wake up to me when I wasn't going to be in her life after this.
-

Chloe

"Bitch you overreact way too much. Now what happens when you see her for sales discussions and allat shit?"
Tommie asked, not cutting any corners. I loved that about her. She was straight up.

"Girl, I don't even know, I plan on talking to her about it though. Blame it on the liquor?"

"Mhmm boy bye!!"
I giggled while Ling painted my nails.

"You want color for your nail?"
The small Chinese lady asked while pointing to my feet.

"Same color please" I smiled and looked over at my bestie. She was cute today. Her hair cascaded down her back and over the pink bralette she was wearing. And and as always, the matching pencil skirt she sported, hugged her curves just right.

"Why you staring so hard?"
She asked making me giggle a little.

I shook my head and turned my attention back to Ling as she focused on my feet.
I can't even lie, these Chinese people be doing their thing.

{A/n: This is just a filler chapter. More is on its way. While you guys wait on the updates for this book, check out my works. You might take interest in those. And last but not least, to all of the positive feedback and inspiration, thanks. Thank you so much. I Love You Guys ❤️