Chapter 9. Learning New Things

Blazing a beautiful orange, the faded rays of sun shine slowly made their way down out of the indigo sky to make way for the moon and stars. All of the creatures of the light were making their way to their hiding holes to rest for another day and the creatures of the night came out to search for food. Foxes joined this group.

Waking up to the sound of the wind blowing across the dens entrance, Jade discovered she was more comfortable than usual. A warmth had wrapped her up tightly like moss hugging a rock, yet gave easily as a puff of smoke. While her brain still adjusted to her familiar surroundings after escaping her dreams, she softly pushed her back slightly deeper into her delightfully pleasant embrace with a smile she had forgotten about. The bands of moss that draped over her chest and thighs in her happy place brought her in closer and squeezed tenderly.

When she became more aware of being awake and thought processors started working right, she could feel that the warm body of contentment she was snuggling into was... breathing? Moss? She snapped opened her eyes in alarm to truly discover what she was resting against.

Blake!

She quickly calmed herself, stopping short of turning and biting him, briefly forgetting what had happened the other night. Normally she wouldn't care, but this time she felt extremely flustered by what she was doing. She had no idea that she was even touching him. Or was Blake the one hugging her? Jade felt his lightly heaving chest through her back and found he was calm. He was still fast asleep. It must have been her.

She sighed in relief and smiled bashfully. Now her face felt hot as she blushed. She gently pulled herself away from his warm body, letting his legs around her drop, trying not to wake him up. With another growl of his stomach, of which there were many through their sleep, he let go of a cute snore before twitching his legs back to him and continued sleeping. It was obvious she had been resting against him for a while. The ground that she had slept on was extremely warm.

Heading towards the open air of the outside world of her den, Jade began to think of why she had chosen to sleep against him in her sleep. Her normal sleeping posture was usually flat on her belly. How did that change to on her side, and being embraced by a creature she had only just met? Sure, Blake's body was warm, which soothed her after nearly dying by gun shot; and of cause the company was nice after so much time on her own, despite loving her individualism; and finally, which gave her a dumbfounded smirk, Jade got the best sleep she had ever had. Maybe the awkward situation wasn't too bad after all. She got something out of it and Blake got a place to stay. Jade couldn't complain about that.

Sticking her head out of her den, she looked up at the sky. It was in its last stages of going dark with the sun slowly going down behind the horizon, losing the last of its purple hue. She also remember her promise to him. The night was young and there were many things to teach Blake.

She crept back to where Blake was sleeping to find that he was still asleep. She slowly put her muzzle down next to his and nudged him a little. He just rolled over onto his back and went back to sleep with his legs flopping to their respected sides. Waking him up was tougher than she thought it would be.

'C'mon Blake. Wake up!' whispered Jade into the fox's ear, trying to wake him peacefully.

'I'm not getting up until my alarm goes!' he mumbled, still dreaming.

What alarm? Jade thought, puzzled.

This had been the first undisturbed sleep he had in a couple of days. There was no way he was getting up without some encouragement. Getting a little frustrated, Jade knew that there was only one way to get him up. She backed up a couple of steps and then took a diving leap and landed on top of him, pushing all of the air out of his lungs. Instantly, he woke up with a start, with eyes wide and took a gasp of air while at the same time flailing to get up. Jade was still on top of him.