Chapter 3: A Lost Peace

Three days. It had been three days since I had found this girl, tending to her wounds, hiding her from anyone else in the town of Lanox. I was starting to lose hope, when I walked in the room to change her bandages again. She was sitting up, looking around, like a lost puppy. When she heard the door open, she turned to look at me. I smiled slightly at her and walked next to her, sitting down in a chair next to her.

"Hello there. My name's Ciel." I said softly. Why was I still doing this? I knew she was a demon, and many a time had demons attacked this town. Was it out of compassion? Or was I letting my weak spot for things that were cute in appearance get the best of me again? Whatever the reason, I smiled at her, hoping to help her in whatever way I could.

"Wh.... Where am I?" She asked quietly, looking straight at me with curiosity in her voice.

"You're in the town of Lanox. I found you on the outskirts of town with bad injuries. Do you know why you were there?" She thought for a moment before shaking her head.

"N-no. I don't Mister Ciel." I nodded and thought.

"Do you have a family?" She shook her head again, tears welling up in her eyes.

"I don't remember anything." She said sadly. I took a tissue and gently wiped her eyes.

"Do you remember your name at all?" She thought for a few minutes.

"I... I think my name... my name is.... L... Lu..." She said eventually, not too sure of herself. By this time, I had realized that the reason I had kept taking care of her was because, despite knowing what she really was, I was drawn to her pure appearance.

"Well then Lu. You can stay here until your memories return, okay?" I said, knowing it was more of an excuse to keep her near me for longer. We spent a bit of time around the town after she let me change her bandages. It was really nice to have a peaceful day like this, despite the nostalgia I had around her.... but it wasn't to last.

It was night when we started walking back to my house. Lu smiled up at me and stayed close to my side when we heard a loud scream nearby. Lu looked up at me with fear, when we saw an explosion. I swiftly picked her up and ran back to my home, only putting her down once we got there.