Chapter 8

Sets of twins one-year-old
Leon's POV
It's been a year since my mates had their second sets of pups and the six, triplets are the same age but were born in January and the four, twins were born in June. My mates have been planning a day for us to go out with us and the beginnings of their pack. So Ronnie, Alex, Siena, Jolene and their mates were invited. They excepted and my mates have planned this all in secret without my knowing.

I am downstairs with our pups as my mates came in and looked over at me with smiles on their faces. "Hey Leon are you and the pups ready we have to go in five minutes and everyone's at the front of the house," said Cody as he got the child bags and coaxed the pups into changing forms so we don't have to carry them. We made it outside just as Ronnie shifted with the others and took off into the forest with the number of people. I then shifted into my dragon and flew after them to make sure the pups could keep up.

After covering a mile we came to a rather large clearing that contained a lake and I see a playground and an outdoor food court with a building attached that was obviously the restaurant to go with the food court. I landed behind a tree and put my clothes on before coming out to see my mates and our pack members lined up next to each in human form with clothes on as all ten pups raced in between them. "Is this what you have been working on since the twins were born?" I asked suspiciously, they gave me a smile before nodding.

"We wanted to make a special place that was near nature but what looked like the Outside world," said Chase. As they both smiled at me as our pack waited for instructions so I took everyone's orders and went inside the shop. When inside it had simplistic decor that had a homey feeling. I placed the order and paid the cashier and she told us that waiters would bring out our food when it was ready. When I got back outside I heard my mates talking to Ronnie and Alex about training the young pups who are in the pack who could benefit from the experience.

I walked over and coughed alerting them to my presence, they all looked up at me and then shot an awkward side glance at the pups playing on the playground and then turned back to me. "So Leon what do you think about training more pack members," said Kurt Jolene's mate, he has steel grey eyes and dark brown hair. "I think it is a good idea as you never know when we might need the extra protection that could mean the difference between life and death for the clan and pack members" I replied. "So when should we start the process," said Malcolm who is Siena s mate and has dark eyes and light hair. I looked to my mates on that question as I took a seat next to them, "Well Malcolm myself and Chase have been thinking that we should train all the pack members so that they can defend themselves but a selected few will be trained as warriors" said Cody whilst Chase nodded and kept an eye on the pups in their wolf forms chasing each other around.

"That a brilliant idea because it provides choice and should help our pack even more," said Ariel, Ronnie's mate, she has hazel eyes and auburn hair and is quite competent for a female beta and the young females look up to her. The restaurant door opens to reveal a number of waiters walking out with our food. One waiter had nothing and was probably just there to open the doors for the waiters carrying food as they came over they talked politely as they set down the food and drinks on the table and then told us to enjoy. When they left Chase let out a low pitch whine which caused all ten pups to come over to the table.

Once the pups were on everyone's knees so they couldn't escape Cody cut up meat chunks that were cooked and put them in ten separate piles which had the same amount of food in. We all started eating and feeding the pups. "So what are we doing about education," asked Lucy, Alex's mate who has black hair and dark blue eyes. I hadn't thought about that but apparently, my mates had already come up with something. "Well, the pack has a number of specialist teachers who have been teaching the younger pups while the older ones went to a human school. So we got all the pups in a room and took a vote as to where they wanted to go to school and they said it would be a better environment if there were no humans. So we decided to start plans for a nursery, primary school, middle school, high school and college. They will be twenty miles west of the mansion and will have all the facilities of normal schools. They will all have different campuses and sports centres but will all be connected to some degree" said Chase.

"And where will we get all the staff for a school like that," I asked them wanting to know. "I've recently asked over two hundred pack and clan members to enrol in teaching courses that will be completed by the time the schools are complete," said Cody. "And they agreed on top of the one hundred or so teachers that are already in the clan and pack," I asked. "Yes they also wanted to ensure the future of what we have created," said Cody. I then proudly looked at my mates as they were able to make these advancements without me knowing.

"If we have a school that far away shouldn't we have a patrol that runs shifts," asks Ronnie. "Yes the patrols will be handled by those who are willing to stay in guard posts at the edge of the territory and will change every five hours and the guards will not leave until someone new comes to end their shift," said Chase.

When we had finished eating we all headed back in our animal forms and the pups were on my back and we managed to set down and put everyone to bed before introducing the plan of action and then telling the constructionists in the pack to build it for next year and we finally settled down with the pups sleeping through the night as this day was full of new information.