Chapter 21

The next day
Leon's POV
Yesterday was not planned at all and Cody went berserk so much so I had to get Ralph to sit on him in his dragon form so Cody would calm down. I feel awful that the young girl who was violated and by someone to took an oath to protect her as a stepdad. But the scene we witnessed last night was dreadful as everyone knows mating in your animal form guarantees the bottom to get pregnant. From what I understand it must have been a regular occurrence as the doctors' report said that she has internal scars and cuts and bruises on the outside. She also seems traumatised as she always looks down when a male comes near her and she growls a warning.

I was pulled out of my thoughts when my office door opened and in came Cody and Chase. "Leon, it's time to go the Zoo trip can't wait and it'll be the first time for the pups to look upon lots of different species that don't transform into humans" said Chase Softly as they led me out of our office to meet all fourteen of our pups our ten eight-year-olds and our four, three-year-olds. "Papa you okay," asked Victoria as she was the first one out of her siblings to see me. "Yes sweetie, now who's excited to get going" I spoke and the pups all started celebrating as my words resonated with them. "Alright it's time to go and I have requested Coral and her two pups to come along," said Cody as he led Coral and her pups Spike and Summer to where we were standing as we waited on Cody's arrival as after he led me downstairs he had disappeared. "I have no problem with that," I said and with that, we strapped all sixteen pups into their chairs and got into our seats on the bus.

It was a four-hour drive to the zoo that resides miles away from the human city that is in our pack as the zoo is located at the very eastern border of the territory as we overlapped some of the surrounding territories to the already existing ones of the dragon clan. We arrived at the zoos parking lot and filed out of the bus. "Okay pups were going to set some rules," said Chase as all the pups stood in front of us. "This place will be swarming with people so I want you to walk in pairs whilst the four youngest shall be in prams" said Cody and soon after the pups got into a line of pairs with Max and Rex at the front, behind them was Rosa and Robin, behind them was Michael and Miya and behind them was Victoria and Iummy and behind them were Xavier and Lucian and last but not least Corals two female pups Spike and Summer were at the back next to their mother. We have two double prams for the quads so James and George are in one whilst Isabel and Blaze are in the other. "Myself and Chase will be in the front pushing the prams while the pups follow behind us with both Cody and Coral behind them so we can all walk in as a unit," I said and with that, we walked over to the front gate.

"Hello there were the Firestone's I believe I spoke to one of your employees on the phone," said Chase to the person in the front booth. "Ah yes Mr Firestone I was the one who received your call and I have all your tickets ready now make sure you do not lose them said the human male as he passed us the tickets and Chase paid the man. The pups had bands to put on to act like their tickets as did we have bands. Once everyone had on their ticket bands we entered the zoo in our formation. "Alright pups we'll start at the east side with all the herbivores," I said as I led them towards the eastern part of the zoo to a large pasture where a lot of the hooved animals are kept. "Daddy what is that," Miya asked as a zebra was the closet animal to us. "That dear is a Zebra the live on the plains of Africa where they constantly follow the smell of fresh rain in order to find food, and if not they stay in places where freshwater and grass is available all year round," said Cody when we had all stopped and we're looking into the enclosure. "I didn't know you knew anything about animals Cody," I said stunned. "Well before I became an Alpha I was pursuing a career as an animal expert. "Okay, then Cody what's that animal over there," asked Coral her eyes wide with interest and the pups eyes were full of wonder. "Those my deer are springbuck they live in Botswana and live on the flood plains all year and in the dry season congregate at the diminishing water holes" replied Cody.

Next, we moved onto the herbivores of America where Cody told us all about bison and Elk and the more not well-known ones. We then moved to elephants and Rinhos where the pups were in awe at the massive creatures and quite liked the noise that the elephant's make. We then moved onto creatures from rain forests such as Wild boar and forest rodents along with the small jungle cats. We then went to see birds of prey and their aerial display and then the smaller birds like ducks and parrots and jungle birds, as well as the large birds who can't fly like emus and ostriches. Next, there were the animals of Antarctica such as penguins and leopard seals. Next were the animals of the artic such as Polar Bears and ring seals. Next were animals belonging to the ocean such as sea lions and a number of tropical fish. Next were to be the reptiles like snakes, lizards, bearded dragons and the thorny lizard. The last thing we were to see was the large predictors such as lions, tigers, leopards, Cheetah, African Hunting dogs, jaguars, crocodiles and Wolves.

"Papa the pack in there," said, Michael. "No pup these are wild wolves they don't have the ability to transform there just wolf," I said discreetly as to not be heard by the humans in the area. "Alright pups it's time to head back, now who had fun," said Chase as we headed towards the bus to take us all back to the packhouse. Once we had arrived back at the packhouse it was nine at night so we set all the pups to bed after they had been fed, bathed and had their teeth brushed. Myself and my mates we outside the rooms of our multiple pups saying goodnight. "I have something to take care of" Cody spoke before walking in the opposite direction of our room.

Cody's POV
It's time to talk to Cindy about her unfortunate experience but if it has happened more than once and in her animal form I fear the pack is about to get bigger.
I settle in my office and wait for Cindy as I had already mind linked her after I was done putting the pups down for the night. I heard a small knock on the office door so I permitted entry to the one who knocked. "You wished to see me, Alpha Cody," said Cindy keeping her gaze low and her body haunched so she could run at any time which I found sad. "There is no need to be afraid I have called you here for my council, but first how do you like your new accommodation," I said softly to which she raised her eyes to my face but is still reluctant to look me in the eyes.

"My new place of residence is nice and homey yet it feels as if it is meant for more than one person" Cindy replied shakily. "I would like to know how often your abuse stood for and when did it escalate to what we saw yesterday," I said slightly angered because I knew the man responsible is beneath our feet in the dungeon. "My abuse has been going on for a little under three months just a few months after my mom remarried to try and support us, except she remarried a male from a different pack who took a liking to me not mom, and as soon as he found something he could punish me for he started hitting me and when I would try to run to the packhouse in animal form he would stop me and do to me what he did yesterday. It has happened twice a week since my abuse started" she wept as tears were freely running down her face. I passed her the tissue box of my desk as I saw her head hung low as if she were ashamed of her tears. I moved around my desk so I was sitting right in front of her and lifted her chin so her eyes finally met mine and I only saw a ghost of the person who once lived inside her eyes.

"I won't let anyone harm you ever again and if they try I will taste their blood and if anyone tries to hide from me I won't stop hunting them as my wolf has a strong sense of pride and justice" I said softly while watching her eyes change colours between wolf and human as her wolf excepted her alpha's words and her human self still apprehensive of what comes next. "What now," she asked. "We go see the pack doctor," I said and led her to the part of the packhouse serving as the infirmary, once their doctor Sims examined Cindy and found that she is expecting a pup but only one and for that I am thankful. After which we went our separate ways to the rooms we were assigned. Once I was in our room I crawled to the right side of Leon as Chase was on the left and snuggled into my mate to which he wrapped his right arm around me. And I fell asleep in the warmth of my mate.

Omega Twins and dragon shifter mate (Royal Werewolf series Book 1)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें