Chapter 17

Six years old
Cody's POV
Yesterday the Fennik pack arrived and to our surprise has been wonderful to host them because they are well mannered and are just nice to be around. I headed out of my office towards the kitchen where breakfast was waiting ready for us. "How was your sleep last night Jupiter," I asked while watching her from across the table. "It was wonderful the bed was so soft I just melted right into it" she replied. " Oh man now I feel like going back to bed," said Kyle as he walked in holding Kristen close to him. We finished breakfast everyone went their sperate ways. Myself and Chase leading Connor to the training ground and we left the pups in the care of Leon and Jupiter as well as the nannies.

We got there to see wolves training against each other with Ronnie giving out orders and tips to the wolves in training. "Ronnie take a break we have someone who wants to speak with you" I shouted to him and he dismissed his class for ten minutes and then jogged over to us. "Alpha Chase, Cody you wanted to see me," Ronnie said as he reached us sweat rolling down each of his muscles from the heavy exercise he has been doing since early this morning. "Yes we would like to introduce you to Alpha Connor of the Fennik pack he is going to be watching practice today and is staying until Friday," I said a smile tugging at my lips as I watched Ronnie introduce himself to Connor. "Hello Alpha Connor my name is Beta Ronnie of the Firestone pack it's a pleasure to meet you," Ronnie said and extended his hand for Connor to shake. "It's a pleasure to meet you too" Connor replied shaking Ronnie's hand. "Well you are welcome to watch I'm in the middle of training the newly shifted wolves," Ronnie said before walking to the training field and shouting. "Breaks over on the field the last one back has to tidy up when we're done".

"Your beta seems as strong as me," said Connor thoughtfully. "He could be seeing as his Alpha's are Royal werewolves and a dragon," said Chase absentmindedly while we sat on the bleachers whilst Ronnie trained. An idea popped into my head and I looked over at Connor thinking of a plan. "Alpha Connor would you spar with Ronnie so the pups can see how a different Alpha fights, which will also make you more aware of your flaws as well as ours," I asked smirking as I watched his eyes roam the field and then land on Ronnie. "Eh sure," he replied nervously before walking onto the field and telling Ronnie I had asked him to be his sparring partner. Ronnie looked over at me and I nodded my head in approval as me and chase walked over to the field and stood next to the pups as Ronnie and Connor got into a fighting stance.

"Wolf form or human form Alpha Cody," said Ronnie looking in our direction meeting my eyes for a brief second. "Let's make this interesting and have you both spar in human form which makes it harder for you both but you are not to intentionally hurt each you are practising techniques," I said in a half Alpha command and they nodded before facing each other in their stances. Alpha Connor waited for Ronnie to make the first move but when he didn't Connor aimed a punch towards his face but Ronnie sidestepped at the last second and put his right leg out and Connor tripped over it and landed on the floor but just as they were about to begin properly someone pushed the walls of my mind link so I let it open. "Alpha Rouges have been spotted at the eastern border and do not look like their stopping, they've just past the border," he said before shutting of the mind link saying the guards will keep them corned until we get there. "Ronnie, Chase rouges have been spotted at the eastern border and we need to get there before the patrols Alpha Conner your welcome to come with us and pups get inside now" I shouted before jumping and shifting in mid-air running towards the eastern border flanked by Chase Ronnie and Connor.

We got there before the guards and I lost all self-control I had. Four Male rouges pinning down a female who was clearly collapsed from exhaustion and was giving birth from sock but these male rouges had every intention of killing her so I snarled loudly and the trees shuck and the rouges jumped away from the female and I lost myself in rage as I attacked the males breaking legs and leaving deep wounds until they were unconscious. The guards came as I knocked the lasts rouge unconscious, "put them in the dungeons and watch them until they wake up" I growled through the mind link clearly I still wanted to kill them but I then turned my attention to the female and my rage turned to worry. "Chase follow me," I said through our mind link and I placed the female on my back and sprinted towards the pack house with her and in wolf form rushed into the infirmary not paying attention to the stares I got as I put her down on a bed and sat next to her in wolf form.

"Hello sweety my name is Cody one of the Alpha's of the Firestone pack what's your name," I said through a mind link as an Alpha can mindlink with any wolf pack or not we just have to be close. "I'm Angel, but why are you helping me I'm a rouge" she replied. "I'm helping because you're giving birth and because you will become a new pack member," I said honestly. Through her eyes, I could see she was happy but then she started to whimper as she realised her water broke and was now ready to push. "Your doing great and I'll be here every step of the way," I said nuzzling her affectionately as she started pushing soon a pup emerged so I cleaned him up and placed him near her nipples and soon enough she had birthed five pups three boys and two girls and she soon fell asleep from exhaustion. I was so engrossed in helping Angel that I didn't notice the five other wolves in the room, I turned around and was about to snarl until I noticed that in the room was Leon, Chase, Ronnie, Alpha Connor and doctor Sims. I motioned doctor Sims to look over Angel and she nodded her head before walking over to the bed and checking over Angel and her pups. I left the room only to come back minutes later in human form wearing loose-fitting clothes.

"How are she and her pups Doctor Sims," I asked almost fearfully. "Well, Alpha thanks to you both her and the pups a healthy and will survive" replied Dr Sims with a smile. I released a breath I didn't know I was holding and I walked towards Leon and pecked him on the lips and hugged him to relieve some stress. "Alpha are we to prepare a joining ceremony for her and her pups," asked Dr Sims. "Yes we will do it as soon as Angel wakes up and has told me how she became a rouge," I said and nodded towards the doctor and she nodded back before leaving the room. "What are you going to do with the Rouges in the dungeons Alpha Cody," said Connor. "Nothing until Angel tells me why they were chasing her," I said and then her wolf started to move and soon enough she was awake and started growling until I turned around and she immediately calmed down and relaxed. "Can you shift I brought some clothes I'll keep an eye on your pups while you shift in the bathroom?" I said holding clothes in front of her, she stepped off the bed and took the clothes of me before walking into the bathroom. When she came out instead of seeing a cream coloured wolf with a brown patch a girl with brown hair and blue eyes that almost looked grey, she is skinny and looks like she's still exhausted. She walked our to her pups and just by her being there the all shifted into their human forms and I quickly wrapped them in blankets three blue to pink.

"First of the others in the room are Alpha Chase my twin brother, Alpha Leon our mate, Beta Ronnie one of our three Beta's and Alpha Connor from the Fennik pack" I introduced them. "Hi my name's Angel Morris" she replied. "Can you tell us how you became a rouge?" I asked. "I became a rouge around six months ago my mate rejected me after we mated but he didn't mark me after that rouges attacked our pack and he was killed and I captured the rouges found out I was pregnant and wanted to kill my pups so I ran and I caught the scent of your territory and ran for it without thinking but they followed me in and you showed up and next thing I know I'm safe with a terrifyingly powerful Alpha" she replied. "Your joining ceremony is in an hour and what do you want me to do with the rouges and also I need to know your pups names," I said as I processed her story. "My pups are called, Jacob, Noah, Cyrus for the boys and the girls are called Pearl and Ruth. I also don't care what you do with the rouges because they are now not my problem" she replied. "The doctor will get you soon for the ceremony but until then stay here I have some to take care of and I want Alpha Connor to accompany me," I said with a slight growl in my voice.

Angel nodded and I left the room heading towards the dungeons, they're only a few people in this dungeon around ten people who apart from the four rouges will be released when their pack mates come to pick them up. I walked over to the cell which has the four rouges in to see them in their human forms wearing shorts two had brown eyes and black hair, two had blue eyes and blonde hair. "Why did you enter my territory," I said anger clearly coating each word. "We chased our female maid here so we could kill her," said one of them with a wicked smile on his face, but I also noticed one of the blonde ones didn't look sadistic like the other three he seemed afraid. "You there what's your name and why are you a rouge," I asked calmly. "My name is Jaxon Alpha and I'm a rouge because I was taken from my pack when rouges attacked them," he said fear evident in his voice. "You weren't supposed to say anything you brat," said a black-haired rouge before lunging towards Jaxon but before he could reach him I was in the cell and punched him away from Jaxon and he landed on the floor with a thud.

"Jaxon walk towards Alpha Connor and stay with him, you three are fighting for your lives now follow me" I snarled more to the other rouges then Jaxon. I led them to a clearing and not caring I shifted ripping my clothes and facing the rouges teeth bared ready to fight.