Chapter 13

Stiles

It took me quite a while to fall asleep after the events that took place in the showers earlier. It had all happened so fast that I couldn't quite cope with it. I really liked it, don't get me wrong, but I wonder if if had all happened too fast? But I can't go back in time so I'm just gonna have to live with it. 

When I woke up the next morning I immediately started to think about what happened last night and I couldn't stop smiling. I wondered what Derek was thinking about right now, maybe he was thinking about me? Just the thought of him made me all giddy. I got out of bed and got dressed before heading downstairs. My dad had already left so it was just me and Derek in the house. Or at least I think he was in, I had neither seen or heard him yet this morning. On one hand I wanted nothing more than to see him but on the other hand I wouldn't know what to say to him. I tried to listen if I could hear him in the house but it was dead quiet. I let out a breath I hadn't realized I was holding in. I shrugged my shoulders and turned around. 

"Jesus on a bicycle, Derek you scared the living hell out of me!" He was standing behind me and I hadn't even heard him walk in the room. But then again Derek is a sneak and doesn't make much sound. 

"Sorry." He said and smiled at me. Which of course made me all weak in the knees because that's the effect I've gotten from him lately. I kept looking him in the eyes and I was completely lost, it was like he was hypnotizing me. It was starting to feel a bit uncomfortable just standing here without saying anything. But neither one of us decided to break the silence. Derek was just staring at me and I tried to avoid his eyes but they were intoxicating. It was like they spoke a story of a millions words but no one could ever figure it out what it was about. Only Derek knew. He never let anyone know what he was thinking about. After a few minutes it was starting to feel ridiculous so I sat down at the table.

"So... Did you sleep well?" I asked breaking the silence. Did you sleep well? Couldn't you think of something better than that Styles. But really what do you say? Did you have fun yesterday? Do you wanna do it again? A quicky before school? No, I can't ask that. I am so glad that Derek is not able to read minds because that would've been a whole lot of awkward and this situation doesn't need another reason to become more awkward. 

"I slept just fine." He said and sat down on a chair in front of me. I expected him to ask me how I had slept but he never did. Wow, Derek is not good on this whole having a casual conversation thing. Which I should know by now really. He's not the type of guy you're gonna stay up until midnight to talk to about life. I am not really that guy either but sometimes it's nice. Scott and I used to do it but it was more playing video games then talking about life events really. But sometimes we talked. 

I started to get impatient. Why couldn't he just say something. I looked at the clock that hung over the kitchen counter. It's over half an hour until I need to leave for school. Maybe I should just leave early so I don't have to sit here in this awkward silence. 

"I should leave for school." I said and stood up and started to gather my things. I was out of the house before he had time to say anything. 

I arrived a school half an hour before usual and I just sort of strolled around for a bit. I was too caught up in my own thoughts that when I turned a corner I crashed right into the new girl causing her to drop all her book on the ground. 

"Oh shit I'm so sorry." I said and helped her pick up the rest of the notebooks. She thanked me with a smile and started to walk away.

"Wait!" I said and ran up to her. 

"You're new here, right?" I asked while following her to the classroom. 

"Yes." She said but she didn't meet my eyes. She was really pretty. She had short dark hair with dark brown eyes, they looked almost black. They looked almost identical to Derek's and for a second the though that she was one of him crossed my mind. Just as it did her facial expression changed for just a second but I noticed. I wonder what crossed her mind.  

"Cool. Where are you from?" I asked her. I could see she was happy that I showed interest in her but at the same time it looked like it bothered her. I don't really know how those two things could be shown at the same time but it did and it was weird. 

"England. Moved here just a few weeks ago." She said with a thick british accent. I immediately started to smile. 

"That's so cool! Where in England?" We were at the classroom now but we just walked in and sat down at a table. No one was here yet so it was nice and quiet. 

"In the north, a few miles from Scotland." She said and was starting to ease up a bit. She looked really nervous when I first started talking to her but now she seemed more into it. 

"Cool. I'm Stiles by the way." I said and reached out my hand towards her. She looked at it for a second before she smiled and shook it.

"I'm Mia." She said. When she retrieved her hand I noticed she had some sort of mark on her upper arm. Maybe it was a tattoo. I wanted to ask her but maybe it was a bit too soon. 

After a while students started to show up and when our teacher came in she looked surprised that I was there in time once and for all. And without Scott. Oh shit Scott. I had totally forgot about him. I went to get my phone when I remembered I had left it at home. He came into the classroom a few minutes late with sweat running down his face. The teacher just rolled her eyes and went back to writing stuff on the board. When he saw me he walked towards me with a hint of annoyance in his eyes. And fright? 

"Where the hell have you been?" He whispered as he sat down behind me. 

"Sorry I left early and forgot my phone." I said and turned around to face him. He looked like he had been running to school. Why was he all sweaty and out of breath for?

"Did you run here? Why are you out of breath?" I asked curiously. 

"And why do you look so scared." His eyes practically shot out of his face.

"Have you not seen the news?" He almost yelled out. We got a few stares and our teacher told us to be quiet. I turned around to Scott again.

"No? Why?" 

"They found like 20 bodies. Dead bodies." He said and emphasized the word dead. What? What the hell had happened while I was having the most awkward morning of my life. 

"And that's not all." He said and continued with.

"They found them buried by Derek's house." I could feel how my body completely shut down. By Derek's house?