Chapter 1

Stiles

I walked down into the kitchen to find my father surrounded by papers and what not. He's the towns sheriff so he's wokring most of the time. And considering the murders Derek and his little wolfpack has caused he's busy all the time. Alright, so it might not exactly be them. Okay it's not them at all but no one has any idea of who it might be so Derek is the one to blame until we find out who it really is. And I don't think none of this would've really happened if Derek didn't turn Scott into a werewolf. Okay that he didn't do either. Derek hasn't really done anything except being a jerk. 

"Anything new?" I said and leaned down beside him. He stopped what he was doing and looked at me. I stood up slowly. He went back to what he was reading and took a sip of his coffee. I took a chair and sat down beside him. I picked up a paper but he snatched it from my hands.

"Don't you have school?" I opened my mouth to say something but he just raised his eyebrows. I got the hint and walked out to my car. I drove to Scott's house to pick him up but when he didn't show up after twenty minutes I decided that he could just walk to school if he didn't bother to wake up in time. When I got to school I noticed that Scott was already here. 

"Dude? Where were you? I waited outside your house, I thought I was gonna pick you up." At first he looked kind of confused but then it was like something happened inside of his head.

"Oh sorry. I forgot to text you and tell you I spend the night at Alison's." Right after that he started to smile like an idiot. I smirked at him.

"Someone got some last night." He shoved me into the locker and walked away. Ouch, that hurt. I rubbed my head and walked after him and into our first class. He was already seated and as usual I sat down behind him. I turned my head towards Lydia.

"Morning beautiful." She looked at me before she rolled her eyes at me.

"Hi Stiles." My smile grew because she actually answered me today. Usually she just ignores me but because Alison is Lydia's friend we've becom a bit closer. Well, she's looking at me and answeres me somethimes now. But it's going forward. Or at least I like to think it does.

The class went on and as every other class, Scott and me was talking the entire time except when the teacher told us not to. 

"So I saw something strange last night." He said as we walked out of the classroom. With more books than before because apparently our teacher didn't like it when me and Scott didn't pay attention so he gave us even more homework than usual.

"Dude, I do not want to know what you and Alison do when you're alone." He rolled his eyes and hit my arm.

"This has nothing to do with Alison. So, last night when I was driving to her house it felt like someone was following me. Not like following me in a car but it felt like someone was constantly watching me. I just thought it was Derek and his pack doing some weird shit but when I was parking at Alison's house and when I got out I heard something from the forrest so I looked over there and I swear I saw something crawling on the ground. Like a human sized something but not human" He stopped at our lockers and turned to me. Something crawling? But what could that be? Like he could read my mind he said.

"I have no idea." We just stood there thinking for a few mintues until the bell started to ring. We grabbed out books and headed off to our next class. We ran into Alison and Lydia on our way in and being my charming self I held up the door for them. 

"My ladies." I said as the three of them walked in. Lydia just rolled her eyes at me again. I guess that's her thing now, rolling her eyes at me. Scott smacked me at the back of my head.

"I'm not a lady." He said. We sat down and the class started. After a while I got bored and turned to Scott.

"So what do you think you saw? I mean, what did it look like?" He thought about it for a while.

"I really have no idea."

"You said it crawled, right? So what, a lizard?" He raised his eyebrows at me. 

"A lizard? A human sized lizard?" He laughed and shook is head.

"Scott, we live in a world where werewolfs exists. Do the thought of a human sized lizard really make you laugh?" He immediately stopped laughing and looked at me with serious eyes. 

"Maybe that's the thing that's going around killing people."

"Crawling. Lizards don't walk." He just rolled his eyes and gave me a look that said 'you know what I mean, moron'. But I thought about if for a while and he could be right. A human sized lizard could definitely kill people. I was just about to speak when coach walked up to us.

"Stilinski, McCall is there anything you like to share to the rest of the class?" We looked at each other for a moment before Scott said.

"No coach."

"Then shut up!" We both nodded before he turned around and continued with what ever it was he was talking about. The rest of the classes we had that day went on as all the others. We got told off because we talked to much and then they gave us more homework because we weren't listening. And at the end of the day my bag was about a hundered kilos heavier and I was really tired after lacrosse practise. We drove home to Scott's house and decided to do some of the homeworks we had collected today.

After about one and a half hour of doing absolutely nothing we decided that we've had enough of homeworks for tonight. Really all we did was googling 'human sized lizard' but we didn't find much. Well not anything that would explain what he saw last night. Scott wasn't exactly sure if he actually saw what we think but until we have another explanation that will work for now.

Both of us had fallen asleep after a while but got woken up by something hitting the window. We looked at each other before Scott stood up and slowly walked towards the window. I picked up his bat and hid behind his closet door. What? I'm human I don't have supernatural powers like Scott do. He opened his window and looked out. He turned around and shrugged his shouldern and just when he was about to close it Derek flew in. Literally. Well okay no not literally. But almost. 

He opened his mouth to speak but he turned his head towards me and just looked, first at the bat then at me. He raised his eyebrow, shook his head and turned back to Scott.

"They found another body. And from what I heard is that it's different from the other killings. You know how I said I thought it was another wolf, one that's not from here but I don't think it is. Not after seeing how this one looks." Both me and Scott exchanged looks of first confusion but then we both thought of it. The Lizard.