Chapter 2

Stiles

We arrived at the scene ten minutes later and it was packed with police cars and such. We stayed in the backgruond so that they wouldn't know that we were here. We tried to get as close to the body as we could but since it was packed with people it was impossible to do it without someone seeing us. Except they would only see me since I'm human and Derek and Scott are a lot smarter so they left me in the car while they went out looking at the body. After a few minutes I got bored and climbed out of the car. Literally, Derek's car is huge.

But I manage to climb out in a not so gracefully way and make my way towards the trees I saw Scott and Derek walk to. I walk a bit closer but stop right in my tracks when I see the body. That is, oh god, that is disgusting. The body was in half, her stomach was full of bite marks, and her legs were full of scratch marks. I took a step forward but I happen to step on a large stick which made a huge crack noise. I immediately got pulled back and slammed into a tree with a hand over my mouth. I was about to scream until I saw that it was just Derek. I pulled his hand away from my mouth.

"Dude what the hell?" He shushed me and put his hand over my mouth again. I rolled my eyes and tried to get away but he just held me tighter. 

"Shut up!" He said and looked out from behind the tree. He still held his hand over my mouth and the other by my head on the tree. There wasn't a single gap between us, he literally had is whole body pressed up against me. After a while he pulled away his hand from my mouth but he continued to stay as close as before. I looked up and into his eyes. 

"Derek?" He just stood there looking at me. 

"Yeah?" He contuned. He didn't move his eyes, not ever once. 

"Why are you looking at me like that?" He backed away a few inches but he was still close. My heart started to beat faster but I had no idea why. He's a freaking werewolf Stiles, that's why. Oh yeah, of course. Nothing else. It looked like he was about to smile but only for a second. He turned around and walked away. But he stopped and turned around.

"You coming?" He said and raised his eyebrows. 

"Oh yeah yeah." I said and walked after him to his car. Scott was already there waiting for us. We drove away as quickly as possible so no one would notice us. 

I really wonder if it really was that lizard thingy that had done that. I mean, it could be a werewolf. Just because Derek said it wasn't doesn't mean that it wasn't. He could be wrong. He have been wrong before. I think. What ever. It's not totally impossible. Werewolf exsist, why can't human sized lizards do too?

"You two are being awfully quite. Especially you Stiles." I rolled my eyes and looked at Scott. He raised his eyebrows, a way of telling me if we should tell him. I shrugged my shoulders and Derek looked between us.

"I know you're hiding something." I looked at Scott again.

"W-what do you mean? We're not hiding anything." Scott sighed and shook his head. What? 

"Why don't you tell me what you know."

"We don't know anything." I might have said that a little too fast.

"Stiles!" Scott said and looked at me. He sighed. Out of nowhere Derek pulled out from the road and stopped the car. He turned around and looked me dead serious in my eyes.

"I know you're hiding something. So if you don't want to tell me now maybe you'd like it better with my claws at your throat." His eyes turned bright blue and his claws started to grow out. I threw myself back in my seat.

"Fine fine! We'll tell you." Scott said and shoved Derek back into his seat. He took a breath and looked back at me. I nodded to him tellng him I was fine and that he should tell him. I do not like it when there are claws involved. 

"So last night I saw something. And I'm not ever sure if it really was what we think." Derek looked confused at us. 

"We think it might've been a lizard." I said. Derek bit his lip as to stop himself from laughing. 

"A lizard?" He said and smiled. 

"Yeah, a human sized lizard." He started to laugh but stopped himself and started to cough instead as if he tried to cover it up. I rolled my eyes and looked at Scott.

"Why is a human sized lizard so amusing to you?"

"It's just a little hard to believe." Derek said and started the car again.

"Yeah well a few months ago I thought werewolfs only existed in movies and books. And here I am, riding a car with two of them." We continued the car ride in silent. But if it really wasn't a lizard then what was it that Scott saw? And Derek said himself that the killings was not made by a werewolf. By the time we went home it was pitch black outside and my fathers car stood in the driveway. I walked in and as usual he was seated by the table with loads of papers everywhere.

"Where have you been?" He said without looking up.

"I was out with Scott." I sat down infront of him. 

"I thought you guys were here, studying." He put down his pen and paper down and looked at me.

"Oh we were. Got bored." He didn't say anything, he just looked at me. After a couple of seconds of awkward silence I walked up to my room. I closed the door behind me and I could feel someone standing behind me. My heart started to beat faster and faster and I slowly grabbed the bat that stood by the door. I turned around and took a swing but Derek was there grabbing it before it hit him.

"What the hell are you doing here?!" I said. I still held the bat in case he was here to kill me. Oh dear, maybe we was here to kill me. My dad is downstairs. 

"Are you here to kill me?" He started to laugh and pulled out something from his pocket. I took a tighter grip on the bat.

"It's just a phone Stiles. Not a machine gun." He handed me the phone and I realised that it was mine.

"Like you'd need a machine gun." I muttered and took the phone. I moved to my bed and he just stood there, staring at me. I raised my brows at him. He cleared his throat and walked over to the window.

"I'll see you around, Stiles." He opened it and walked out.

"Derek." I said and saluted him. He shot me one last look before he was gone. That was a bit weird. I shook my head and decided not to pay much attention to it, Derek was a bit weird. I finished a couple of homeworks but my mind always wandered back to Derek and his behavior. He's been a bit off lately. But then again why do I care? He scares me and he's a werewolf. Do I have to say more? After one more hour of studying, or trying to, I decided that I should just call it a night and go to bed.

Please tell me what you think in a comment :)