Chapter 14

Stiles

Me and Scott got just in time to Derek's house to see him being dragged away by two police officers. Oh shit this can't be good. Why was he even here for? Scott and I just looked at each other. Before Derek was placed in the police car he turned towards us and looked directly at me. At first he looked a bit baffled to see me but then his expression turned blank and he looked away from me. After he was driven away I walked up and ones I spotted my dad I went up to him. He just rolled his eyes when he saw me. He was used to me coming to crime scenes by now. He walked up to me and escorted us away immediately.

"Where are you taking Derek?" I asked before he could order me away. He took me and Scott away from the scene so we could talk in private. 

"To the station." He said and crossed his arms. 

"Which is exactly where I need to be to question him so if you two could please ask your questions now it would be great." He said and looked stressed. Which I don't blame him for. 

"Who found the bodies?"

"Did Derek kill all those people?" Me and Scott said at the same time. My dad sighed loudly and scratched his chin. 

"One of my officers and we don't know yet." He looked tired. Maybe he's been here all night. Probably why he wasn't home when I woke up this morning. 

"Wait, an officer? How? Weren't they all buried? What was he doing here?" I asked quickly and I could see in my dad's eyes he did his best to catch up. Before he had the chance to answer I continued.

"Did someone call the station?" He sighed again and held up his hand to stop me from talking further.

"I'm gonna have to stop you there kid. I have to get to the station, I'll see you tonight." He said and gave me an apologetic smile. 

"Scott." He said and gave him a nod. He walked passed us and got into his car and drove away. Another cop came up to us and told us we had to leave. I tried to tell him we worked for the police and we were here to help but he took one quick look at us and just shook his head and laughed. Okay, offended. I thought and scoffed at him. But Derek couldn't possible have done all of this. Right? I mean he's an asshole but assholes doesn't just kill a bunch of people and bury them in their backyard. 

"Do you think it's him? Derek I mean, do you think he killed all those people?" Scott said ones we were on our way back to my house. 

"No!" I said way too quickly. It was silent for a brief moment and Scott looked at me strangely.

"I mean.. Ehm.. I don't know." I could feel my cheeks starting to heat up with embarresment. Maybe I answered that a bit too fast. Scott continued to looked at me with confusion. 

"What is going on?" He asked me. Should I tell him? He wouldn't care about me being... with a guy. He would care that that guy is Derek though. Derek isn't exactly boyfriend material. Actually before all this I didn't think he was interested in anything, like at all. 

"Nothing. I just don't think Derek is a murderer." I said simply.

"Really? What about that time we did think that. We got him arrested for it." He said a matter of factly. He had his arms crossed. I sighed. 

"Is there something you're not telling me?" I started to get nervous again. I hate note being able to tell Scott and I couldn't tell him even if I wanted to. It wouldn't be fair to Derek. Right? He's in this too. But Scott is my best friend. Ugh I hate this! I sighed loudly, not realising I was doing it out loud. I looked over at Scott, he was looking at me still. He opened his mouth to speak but I beat him to it.