Chapter 13

Bailey

I walked outside feeling the warmth on my skin feeling less worried than I have for a really long time. I saw Noah sitting on a bench in front of the pond, I walked over to him and sat down next to him. "Hey Noah." I greater the young man "hey Bailey" he said in a sad tone and with a forced smile. "What's wrong?" I asked genuinely concerned "I don't know." "Yes you do you just don't want to tell me, you can tell me anything Noah were friends." I said bumping his shoulder. "It's just... I don't feel like I'm cut out for this world." He looked at me with sad eyes "yeah I know" I said looking at the blue water "I felt like that for a really long time especially before I found Rick and Daryl and everyone in this group, but now I like to focus on the present like what I have now and what I can do to keep these things or make them better for the future." I said with a small smile looking him in the eyes. "Yeah thanks Bailey." He said with a smile I haven't seen for a long time, "where friends right?" He asked "no" I said seriously and he looked upset "we're family" I said smiling at him and he laughed. I stood up and put my arms out for him to stand up and hug me and he did. "I'm always going to be here for you if you need, okay?" I said still hugging him, he nodded his head and started to walk away. He turned around and said "thank you Bailey" "no problem" he started walking away again when he turned around one last time "are you going to that party tonight?" "Um I don't know, I think so." And he nodded again and walked away.
I walked around town for a little while longer and met some new people before finally going back to the house. I stepped inside and walked into the kitchen and saw Maggie eating an apple. "Oh get me one" I said excitedly she laughed and threw one to me "thanks" I said with a smile. "Are you going to that party tonight?" She asked "I think so it's weird but might as well right?" I said "are you?" "Yeah Glenn and I think it's going to be weird though." She said "yeah I'm a little bit nervous, I know that sounds weird but I am" I said and she nodded "me too" then we both laughed. "Diana dropped off some dresses that she thinks we could wear do you want to come look at them with me?" She asked and I nodded my head. We walked to the bedroom and looked through all the dresses, Maggie plucked a simple blue dress and she looked so pretty. Maggie and I had come a lot closer lately and I'm glad I really needed a girl friend liked her. I ended up picking a black dress that looked tight but if I wanted it to it would stretch. It got later and I started to get ready. Daryl had been somewhere all day and even though I didn't think he would come to this I wanted to ask him to come.
I looked outside and found him sitting on the railing of the porch, I walked over to him and put my hand on his knee. "Hey" I said trying to look in his eyes but it was hard because of his hair and the fact he was fixated on an arrow in his hands. "Do you want to come with me to this party thing?" I asked and he looked up at me like I was crazy "that's what I thought I said laughing. He looked me up and down and finally landed on my eyes "you look beautiful" he said with a low voice "thank you" I said blushing "hey I'm not sure what's wrong but I'm not going to ask you can tell me if you want or you can just think about it but I want you to know that your amazing." I said with a smile and kissed his lips, after everyone walked out the front door. "Well it's time to get to this party, have fun don't get hurt." I said looking back at him and walking down the steps.
As I walked away I looked back and saw Daryl looking at me I smiled a sweet smile and just kept walking.