Chapter 23

Bailey 

I ran as fast as my legs could carry me I felt the wind in my face and I could feel my lungs burning but I wasn't thinking about that. I was thinking about all the people back home who were in trouble, my brothers, Maggie, Carl, Judith, everyone else. suddenly the horn stopped and so did my legs and then the rest of the group appeared around me.

 "What the hell was that?" we heard from the radio "I don't know but it must have gotten it under control because it has stopped. Now we have to focus on the heard that is headed for our home. You guys keep going keep the other walkers on track." Rick said and then I heard Daryl's voice "What if they need help?" "Keep going Daryl keep the walkers in track." "But I could circle around and help them out and Sasha and Abraham could keep these walkers going." Rick was about to speak again when I grabbed the walkie talkie out of his hand "Daryl keep on going that is your job we will help them they are going to be fine but you need to keep doing this, keep the walkers in track, where they need to be." I said "fine." he finally said I then gave the talkie back to Rick "thank you." he said nodding "that man can be so stubborn sometimes." he said "don't I know it." I said and he chuckled.

"Okay here's the plan I am going to get the RV and gather the walkers back to the road, you guys head home." "RV's a mile back." one of the Alexandrians said "I'll handle it you just get back home they might need you there." he said "Bailey, Glenn, Michonne, come with me." he said walking away from the other group "I'm going with you." Glenn said to Rick "yeah I don't think you should be going alone." I said "Look I need both of you to help me get these people back alive." Michonne said. 

We both just nodded at her "The thing is all these people aren't going to make it." "Rick!" me and Michonne said in unison "Try, try but if they can't keep up you keep going and make sure you get back." and all of a sudden I felt bad for these people. 

We then heard more screaming and we looked over to see a man on the ground with a walker, and alexandrian. When we got there the walker took a bite out of his neck biting the very front. I stabbed the walker and we watched the man finally Michonne stabbed him in the head. "Get back safe." he said.

"at the most 20 minutes don't worry about it." Glenn said trying to calm the others down they started to talk more and I zoned out thinking about Daryl and whats happening with him right now. Most likely he did what he wanted and is back home or he stayed like Rick wanted him to but I really just wanted to talk to him tell him my worries. 

We spotted zombies and I went straight for them wile Glenn said something about not using guns. I was  just killing the walkers when I heard a gun shot and then another and then many others finally I got done killing the walkers and I turned around to see a man on the ground I killed the walker on top of him and examined the shot wound in his leg. Another man got bit right on the shoulder. He said he would stay and help us get back home since he still had time and I was thankful for that.

We were going to be slowed down once more the women twisting her ankle and now this man getting shot in the leg. I would save one of these people with my life and now I am scared I might have to. We kept on going home.

We had to stop at a pet store so the people could rest and because the walkers started to close in on us so we had to go somewhere. I was sitting alone in one of the aisles when Glenn sat down next to me.

"I'm leaving i am going to distract the walkers burn a building something it will make it so the walkers don't go towards home." "Okay i'm coming with you." I said "no you are going with Michonne bringing these people back." "your not going alone." "I am going with Nicholas, your not coming." "yes I am Glenn I promised Maggie to keep an eye on you and that's what I am going to do. Your having a baby Glenn you need to make it back home to your wife." "fine Bailey you can come." he finally agreed and i signed in relief.