Chapter 24

Bailey

I sat in the aisle trying to prepare myself and I heard whispering. It was the injured telling the others to leave them and as much as I wanted them gone I stood up and walked over. 

"We are not leaving anyone you are all getting back to Alexandria alive you will all get home. Michonne and Heath will help make sure you guys get back." I said confidently they all looking at me. "No ones leaving anyone." Michonne confirmed and Heath got up and walked away with Michonne following behind. "You ready?" Glenn asked "yeah just one more thing." I said and walked towards Michonne. 

"Hey." I said starting the conversation off "I'm heading off with Glenn and Nicholas and um." I said trying to find the right words "Just if I don't make it back will you tell Daryl I loved him and I had to do this and will you tell the boys I loved them and to stay with you guys and Daryl and they will be safe?" i asked "Bailey you're coming home i will see you again and so will your boys." she said "I know just if I don't" I said and then hugging her tightly.   

We ran down the street coming upon a walker trapped under a car, I was about to kill it when Nicholas stopped me. "He was in our group. We left him behind." "You're not that guy anymore you're here now you're not that guy." Glenn said trying to make him feel better and then I gestured to the walker under the car and Nicholas killed him.

I watched him pull the knife out of the walkers head he put his head down shamefully and I put y hand on his shoulder. Then we heard a gunshot "was that home?" I asked looking at Glenn and he nodded his head and we ran. 

We got to the building Nicholas told us about and it was destroyed. "Oh my god." I said and put my head in my hands. I then heard snarls I looked up and saw walkers coming for us, there were hundreds possibly more. They were coming for us hungry and ready to devour us. "Come on!" Glenn yelled "Nicholas!" he yelled again for Nicholas to make a decision and to get us out of here. And Nicholas choose somewhere and we ran.

We ran down another alley way pushing and pulling and every door and fence and we found our selves trapped with nowhere to go. Nicholas jumped on a fence to climb it and there were more walkers on the other side. We were swarmed Glenn pulled out his gun and so did me and Nicholas we started shooting when I was out of bullets I looked at Glenn when he was just realizing he was out to I climbed up top the dumpster with Glenn following and us pulling Nicholas up.  

I was in the middle of the two boys searching for some escape to this terrible situation and soon I realized there was none I looked over at Glenn who was still looking and at Nicholas who was looking at the walkers. "Nicholas." I screamed "hey!" I screamed louder I soon started to shake him "Look at me!" i scream and he finally did. "Thank you the both of you." he said looking at Glenn and I "no." I said as I watched him pull the gun up to the side of his head "no no no no." Glenn kept repeating. 

The loud bang went off and blood squirted all over my face, I was in shock. Nicholas' body fell on me which caused me to fall into the heard of walkers and I saw Glenn diving in after me. I looked around watching them devour the body on top of me and I saw Glenn crawl under the dumpster. 

I noticed there wasn't enough room under there for the both of us and I didn't know what to do. Glenn looked at me and I looked at him. I love you I mouthed telling him one last time since he was like my brother. 

I saw an opening and I took it and ran I heard snarls behind me but I just kept on running trying to get somewhere safe. I ran down the street and tried every door I came upon until one finally opened. It was a small home, I closed the door and locked it. I then listened for any walkers, one came around the corner and I plunged my knife into its head. I pulled it out and searched the rest of the house making sure nobody was there I then guarded the door with the couch since there were so many walkers out side.

All I could think about was Glenn and I wanted to go back there and find him and go back home with him but I knew if I took a step outside I would be dead.

I laid down thinking about Glenn and then my thoughts drifting towards home and the two boys and then finally to Daryl. My thoughts were seized when darkness overtook everything and I was out like a light.