Chapter 19

Bailey

"Rick?"

I looked up and saw a black man holding a stick and next to him was Daryl. Daryl and I ran to each other and we hugged, I hadn't even realized how much I missed him until now when I was in his arms. We pulled back and we kissed softly and then we separated.

"Brought you a surprise." He said in his rough voice I loved "oh really?" I said wondering what is was he then stepped to the side revealing two boys I recognized and I fell to my knees. They ran to me as I opened my arms and we hugged. I let go and then stepped back I held one of each of their hands in mine not letting go but wanting to look at them both.

They had grown up so much especially Gage, his brown hair messy and way out grown and Skylars blonde hair very dirty and you could barley tell he had blonde hair. Both of their faces were slimmer and dirtier than ever, their clothes bloody, Gage's more than Skylars. I then brought them back into a hug and realized I was crying for the second time tonight.

When they finally pulled away Gage spoke in a way deeper voice than I remember him having "hey big sis." He said smiling "hey guys!" I said smiling bigger than ever.

I took the two back to the house while everyone stayed a bit longer I showed them to a shower and I borrowed some of Carl's clothes for Gage and some of Sams clothes for Skylar I gave them to them and went down stair trying to find something for them to eat when they got done washing up for the first time since this thing started probably.

I found some fruit to give them and I heard the door open and close I looked up and saw my man standing there.

He walked over to me and kissed me passionately  I kissed back and after I stepped back giving him a confused look.

"Glenn told me that you think you should be dead instead of Noah. Is that true." I didn't respond I just looked at the ground "You should know that is not true." he said "what would I do without you?" he laughed I looked up at him and gave him a weak smile. "Thank you for bringing the boys home." i said looking into his eyes and then pulling him into a hug.

Just then i heard feet coming down the stairs i let go and looked and saw the two boys now clean and very cute just as i remembered them just older. 

"come sit." i said gesturing to the bar seats they sat down and i passed over the fruit on the other side of the island. "so tell me what happened after all this thing broke out?" i asked always wanting to know.

"Well," Gage started "After you lead them off we kept looking for you until one day when we were searching we got surrounded and dad saved us both but he got bit in the arm and neck." he said pausing and looking at Skylar. "We finally got out of there and into a house, ill tell you the rest later okay?" he said looking at me like he couldn't go on. "yeah sure we don't have to talk about it right now, just eat up okay." i said smiling at them.

After the boys ate Gage was sitting on the couch with Skylar, Skylar look tired so i walked over to them and told him time for bed. "come on bud lets get you to bed." he got up and hugged Gage and then he walked over to Daryl who was standing at the counter and hugged him Daryl looked at me both of us had surprised looks on our faces, Daryl then hugged him back and my heart then melted.