If I Ever Fall in Love

We just spoke to Jason Derulo about recording a song together! What is life right now? He wanted to work with us! I had to pinch myself to make sure I wasn't dreaming. He wanted to know songs that would be good for us, and right off the bat, I brought up If I Ever Fall In Love by Shai. He was hooked on the idea and was dead set on recording the cover. If only he knew the reason why I chose it.

It had been a couple weeks since the group had worked with Jason on the track and now here we we are, about to go into the studio to actually record with him! He and Kevin went into the booth first to lay down the ground work, so the rest of us were lounging around. I looked over and saw Kirstie and Mitch rehearsing together. Sighing, I turned to Avi , who was looking back at me. "Yes Avriel?" He scooted next to me and put on a knowing smile, "The very first time, that I saw your brown eyes? You were more than just a phase? Don't even get me started on your verse! Scott! It's so obvious you picked this song because of Mitch!"

I laughed it off. Of course I did, but he couldn't know that yet. "Seriously Avi, if it was about Mitch why would I pick a song that said 'lady'?" "For the same reason you wrote Baddest Girl. Cut the shit Scott. We all know you like Mitch. Hell, I bet Mitch even knows!" My eyes widen, "You think Mitch knows already?!" I watched as Avi's smirk grew. "I don't know ask him." He got up and went over to Kirstie and Mitch, then Mitch started making his way over to me. "Yo Scotty." Mitch said, plopping down where Avi was previously seated, "Avi said you wanted to talk about the song?" "Uh, yeah..." Why am I all of a sudden nervous. This is like meeting Jason all over again.

"You see... He- Avi.. He told me that he knew were I drew the inspiration from." "Drew the inspiration from?" Crap, I'm confusing him. "Like why I wanted to do this song." Mitch furrowed his brows, "From Alex, right?" I rolled my eyes, "I know you two broke up and everything but I know you still feel something for him. Why else would he still be living with us!" "I may still feel something for him, but I will always feel something stronger for you..." I looked down at my fingers, I didn't even realize I had began to fiddle with my fingers. "What do you mean?... No pun intended." "Th-That's kinda why we broke up... I told Alex the truth. I am in love with best friend." I chose to look up at him, just to see his confusion leave his face to form a smile.

"Wait. Y-You're smiling!? This is good right?" Hope was filling my chest. He rolled his eyes and pulled at my shirt's collar, "Come here, you Noodle!" he said then pulled me into a kiss. Let me tell you, that was the BEST kiss of my life!

We pulled away, both wearing a 1000 Watt smile. Our moment was short lived due to the obnoxious cheering coming from across the studio. We turned to see Esther, Ben, Kirstie, Avi, Kevin, and surprisingly, Jason! They were all cheering us on like this was the Super Bowl, and their favorite team just got a touchdown. Well... I guess you could say Scömìche kissing is the equivalent. I looked back at Mitch and gave him a quick peck before turning to Ben, "Let's get to recording!" "Someone is an eager beaver." Kevin said, "Stop with the dad talk, I beg of you." Kirstie said, giggling as she walked into the booth with him and Avi on her tail.

I helped Mitch off the couch, and took a good look at him "You know I'm not letting you go, right?" "God, we're so in love 'cause I'm not letting you go either!"

With that, we went to record our parts for the cover. I stole a few glances at Mitch from time to time and when my verses came up, I ended up just singing to him. I think that's the reason we only had to record it once. I was singing to my love, my friend, my everything.