Hands to Myself

I was at the bar, drink in hand watching him dance with some random stranger. He wasn't one to stray away from our group, but once he had a few vodka-tonics in his system, he was off in his own world.

I shook my head as Mitch started to grind on this guy he just met. I felt a hand on my shoulder, I turned and saw Kirstie and Jeremy giving me sympathetic looks. "It's the alcohol babe." Kirstie said, "You know him better than anyone! And we both know Mitch loves to have fun once his drinks are flowing through his veins." I sighed, they didn't understand. They were already together for crying out loud. Rolling my eyes, I excused myself to the bathroom. "Oh, hey Scott!" Of course Mitch would be in here. "Where's your boyfriend for the night?" "Excuse me?" He said, sounding appalled. "The guy you were dancing with..." "His name is Daniel! And unlike some people, he actually is enjoying my company." Mitch said crossing his arms.

"By the looks of things his boner seemed to be enjoying your company as well!" I turned the nob on the sink so the cold water could run out. "Why the hell are you paying so much attention to me and the guy I'm with? Mind your own business! Matter of fact, go find yourself guy for the night. Heaven knows you need one." And with that he was out the door. "Ugh!" He drives me crazy. One minute I'm ready to attack his mouth then the next I want to chop all his hair off. His sassy attitude needs to be put in check.

I let the cool substance fill in my cupped hands and I soon splashed it across my face. That helped put some pep in my step. Drying my face off, I took one last look in the dirty mirror. I can do this. Besides, if this fails we could pass it off as a drunk joke. I walked out the restroom and strutted over to Mitch and Daniel. I placed my hands on each side Mitch's hips then whispered into his ear while looking at his confused date, "You can call me Nemo, because I'm never afraid to touch the butt." Mitch let out a chuckle before turning to me, "That all you got?" I backed away with a smirk, "You expect me to what- just go away with you? You practically insulted me in the bathroom and you think you can magically wipe away my memory?" "No, but I can apologize. Come on Mitchie, you know I didn't mean to hurt your feelings!"

Mitch crossed his arms, "Well you did." He turned back to Daniel and led him through the crowd. If he thought that was the end, he is sadly mistaken! I went over to the booth where Kevin and Alyssa were seated. "Tired already man?" "Nah, just need some encouraging words... And possibly some cheesy pick-up lines." Alyssa laughed, "If I'm not mistaken, it was you and Mitch that had the 75 AMAZING pick up lines. Use one!" "She's got a point Scott! As for the encouraging words, why do you need them?" Should I tell them.. I twisted my mouth and looked over by the bar where Mitch and his guy friend currently resided and rolled my eyes.

My silence must've taken too long, "Mitchie, huh." Kevin said smirking as I looked back at him, stunned. "You were staring." "Oh.."

"Well, all I'm gonna say is go for it. As for the pick up lines, you're cheesy enough. You don't need my help!" He was right about that I guess. "Well, fingers crosses!" I got up and set my journey back to the bar. I was a few feet from Mitch when his "date" looked at me. I motioned for him to leave and, wow, the sucker actually left. This is too easy. This alcohol on my system is working wonders on my confidence. I walked up to Mitch and said my corniest pick up line I could think of, "If I were to get a nickel for every time I saw someone as beautiful as you, I'd have exactly one nickel." I then pulled out a nickel and showed it to him as proof. "You, Mr.Hoying, are on a roll. What is it you plan on accomplishing tonight?" He said taking a sip of his Long Island Ice Tea.

"You and Me. Me not being able to keep my hands to myself..." I said as I pulled Mitch closer to me. I watched as he tried to hide a smile, "This may be the alcohol talking, but... I may just take you up on that. Even though making out with strangers is fun."

"You, Mitch Grassi, drive me wild."

He bit his bottom lip and replied, "In which way?"