Rent

Mimi Marquez •••••••••• Kirstin Maldonado
Maureen Johnson •••••••• Genevieve Lamb
Angel Dumott Schunard •••••••• Mitchell Grassi
Roger Davis ••••••• Avriel Kaplan
Mark Cohen •••••••• Scott Hoying
Joanne Collins ••••••••• Naomi Samilton
Benjamin Coffin III ••••••• Kevin Olusola

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Yes!" I said after taking a look at the names on the board. We got the parts that we wanted! Scott would be so relieved to see that we succeeded in getting our dream roles.

This may be a college play, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't hope for the best. We practiced our asses off! Singing I'll Cover You here and there and rehearsing our fake crying, so we were well prepared. I'm glad it all paid off in the end. I had to call Scott to tell him the news! I pulled out my phone and dialed away, only to get sent to voicemail. Okay, that was weird. He always picks up... I called again, and someone else picked up the phone, "Hello? I-Is Scott there with you?" I heard a muffled voice in the background asking for their phone back. "Hey Mitchie! Sorry about that, Jakey had my phone." I raised a perfectly arched brow, "Jakey?"

"Don't jump to conclusions! I'm here with Jess and Alex too!" I sighed, "Okay... Well obviously you're busy, I'll just call the others." "The others? Why? What for?" I rolled my eyes, "Congrats Scott, you got the part." I moved the phone from my ear and ended the call. I walked to the Activities building to see if Todrick and Kirstie were at cheer practice so I could tell them they were casted as well. Todrick was playing my love interest and Kirstie was the drug addict, dancer. We must be hella good, because we are not like our characters! I rounded the corner when I saw my two friends in the middle of tumbling practice. "TODDY! KIRSTIE!" To my surprise, Kirstie ran over to me while Todrick finished his round off.

"Why are you here babe? Coming to try out again?" Todrick joked, "Hell no! I hate the captain this year. I'm here baring good news!" They looked at each other then back at me, "What..?" They say in unison, "We are gonna be in RENT together!" Todrick's eyes widened as he realized that he got the part. We all jumped around, squealing and having a fit. This is what we'd usually do, except for the fact Scott isn't here with us...

Today was our first practice... I am beyond nervous. Not because I'm scared of messing up, but because Scott will be there. I've been avoiding him ever since Monday when I called him. I'm making it seem like a major problem when it isn't, I just get jealous... Jake and Alex are both good looking and Scott could do whatever he wants when I'm not around, and I wouldn't know the difference.

"Okay everyone, gather 'round center stage!" Our director exclaimed, "We will be going through 4 of the songs today! Just a quick run through so don't get intimidated! Mitch, Todrick! Come get your sheet music for I'll Cover You and La Vie Boheme." Toddy and I walked together to get our stuff, the entire time I felt eyes piercing my back. Uh-oh. When we returned to our spot next to Avi, Kirstie, and Genevieve I dared to look in Scott's direction. My eyes stretched as I was staring in his fiery blue orbs. I gulped and turned away as quickly as possible. "Mitch, you haven't talked to him in 5 days!" Avi exclaimed, "He's your boyfriend for crying out loud, let him explain himself if he needs to." I looked down at my fingers, he was right.

"I want to start with Todrick and Mitch, then go into The group songs." I must've zoned out. When I looked around everyone else had their papers and were standing up. I got up off the black chipped wood and moved next to Todrick as everyone else moved to the side. "Okay, first I want you 2 to do what comes naturally as you sing. If it needs fixing, don't worry, I'm here!" We chuckled and then went to focus on the song. Well at least I tried to focus. I already knew this song, Scott and I were the epitome of this song. I didn't even need the sheet music, so I let it drift away out of my hands. I started to get in the moment and I completely forgot about Toddy. I was looking at Scott as he mouthed the words Todrick was singing.

"You'll Be My King
And I'll Be Your Castle"

No You'll Be My Queen

And I'll Be Your Moat

"I Think They Meant It
When They Said You Can't Buy Love
Now I Know You Can Rent It
A New Lease You Are, My Love
On Life - All My Life"

"I've Longed To Discover
Something As True As It Seems"

So With A Thousand
Sweet Kisses
I'll Cover You

"When you're cold and you're lonely"

With A Thousand
Sweet Kisses
I'll Cover You

"You've got one nickel only
With a Thousand Sweet Kisses"

When You're Worn
Out And Tired

"I'll Cover You
With A Thousand
Sweet Kisses"

When Your Heart
Has Expired

"Oh Lover I'll Cover You
Ya
Oh Lover I'll Cover You"

When we were done, everyone was clapping, even Todrick. "That was brilliant! Brava! Brava! That is what you call talent! Thank you boys, you may go back to the group!" She didn't have to tel me twice. I ran over to where Scott was standing with Naomi, Kevin, and Genevieve. "C-Can I borrow him for a sec?" Kevin and Naomi smirked, "Go ahead." I pulled Scott backstage and into a dressing room, "Scotty, I'm so sorry! I overreacted about everything! You know how jealous I get. I understand you have friends and I understand you will be busy. You aren't just mine ya know, I can't keep you--" I was cut off by a pair of lips encasing themselves onto mine. They were gone too soon, I pouted at him, as he smiled and lifted my chin up, "Will you let me cover you in a thousand sweet kisses?" I chuckled at his cheesiness, "Only if I get to light your candle..." He smiled down at me again, "La vie Bohème!" And with that, his lips were back on mine.