Daddy Dearest

Scott is a high school senior & single father. Inspired by a paragraph from Nudes by Christmasbb
****

He was the quiet kid that sat in the back of the room. No one really talked to him unless it was for answers on the homework. Can't blame them though, he didn't make an effort to talk to anyone anyways.

"Mitch? Are you seriously staring at that loser again?" Kirstie asked breaking me from my trance. I hadn't realized I had gone off into daydream mode. "Sorry. Its just something up with him. I don't know." I say. "Yeah, he's a weirdo." Travis adds as he pulls up a chair next to me. The teacher was off in a meeting and we were waiting on a substitute to come in and give us our assignment for the day. "Mitch?" I heard, "Huh?!"

"You keep zoning out on us. You okay?" Kirstie asks. "Yeah. I'm fine."

"Hello everyone my name is Mr.Evanston, I'll be in here this period." A tall wrinkly man says as he enters the room, "Where else would you be? A retirement home?" Travis said making the whole class laugh, well except for Scott. He rolled his eyes.

"Well. I'm not necessarily allowed to give you a detention, but I will definitely be taking to your teacher about that!" The man said to Travis, "I was told to put you all in pairs. You have a project that you will be working on." And with that I sat back and waited for names to be called. I already knew Mrs.Greene had me and Travis together. "Uhm Mitchell? Mitchell Grassi?" The man announced, loudly might I add, "Its just Mitch." I sass. "Well Just Mitch, you're partnered with a Scott. Scott Hoying."

Oh no. That-That was social suicide. "No! It can't be! I can't be seen with him! Do you know what that'll do to my reputation? And besides, he always looks like a baby threw up on him and has a bad fashion sense. Like look at those glasses! Oh my god, don't even get me started on-" "Mr.Grassi! That is quite enough." The wrinkly man man shouted. I hadn't realized I was practically dragging Scott. Oops.

I looked back at Scott who was typing away on his phone. I squinted to get a good look at it, but I had no clue what he was doing. Did he not hear what I had said about him? I mean I hope not, but still.

"I gotta go." Scott said as he sprung from his seat. "Go? Go where? Class isn't over? We need to work out a schedule!" I yell out as he passes my table. "We'll figure something out." He says before he is out the door. "Geez. What's his problem?" Kirstie whispered to me and Travis, "The loser probably got so turned on by Mitch insulting him he had to go relieve himself." Travis joked.

It wasn't funny.

I really wanted to know what happened.

****

"Seriously Scott. We need to meet up! Like today! I'm not getting an F because your ass can't seem to pick a day to sit down with me." I say, placing a hand on my hip. I was over this. Scott hasn't even tried to get my number or anything. Has he not seen me?

Not saying I want him to have my number, he's still a major loser...

"I-Im sorry. I've been b-busy at home." He stutters out. "Well you a need to be busy doing this damn project." "Okay. Okay. Uh, what day is good for you? I can work around it?" "No working around. Today. My house. 5 o' clock. Give me your phone." I hold my hand out and wait for him to place it in my hand. It takes him a second but I have the piece of plastic and metal in my hand. I type in my number and save it under 'Mitch with the Lips' and the kiss emoji. "Was that necessary?" He questioned, "Always. It gives the boys something to look forward to." I say then sashayed away.

I wonder what he thought after I left. Was he dumbfounded? Did he try to call after me? Did he not care? Hell I didn't even know if the guy was gay. Why was I so worried about this nerd anyway? He's a nobody.