Turn of Events Pt. 1

Does that name sound familiar? For those who read it, it was a book I started but it wasn't very popular so I unpublished the 2 ½ chapters. So now, here I am bringing it back... Except now its edited and it's only gonna be a few parts.

_____________________________________________

I had known Scott for 17 years. We grew up together. He was the only one who stuck by me through thick and thin. He protected me. He was my light in times of darkness.
I watched him grow and mature. I watched as he grew into is lanky body. I watched as his face became more chiseled. I saw how girls fawned over him. I was there when he needed a shoulder to cry on.
So I guess it was very cliché for me to fall for him. That's right the very predictable story of how I fell for my best friend. But nothing would prepare me for what was coming.
Who knew we'd end up like this? Who knew that one decision could be so life changing?
That one twist of fate. That moment no one will ever forget... For many reasons.

I guess you can say that moment caused the turn of events...

*****

We were walking out the jewelry store chatting about how my sister was picky about what kind of wedding ring she wanted. I know she was my sister, but she didn't deserve him! Well, I may be biased because I happened to be head over heels in love with him as well. We were about 4 blocks from where the car was parked and they sky had turned into a dreary grey, so we knew it was about to rain. Just our luck.

Scott and I were keeping a steady pace when we spotted our favorite place in the world, Starbucks. G*d, we are so basic. We went inside just as the first few drops of rain fell. Scott and I looked at each other and started laughing. Its like we escaped death or something. Scott told me to go find a seat for us while he ordered our drinks. This was a typical Scott thing, he liked buying my coffee whenever I was with him. As I was taking my jacket off, I heard our orders being called. I let out a small smile, knowing the barista would somehow find a way to put her number on Scott's cup or napkins.

I watched as Scott scanned the store for me, then smiled when he saw I picked the corner booth by the windows. He made his way over, letting out a small laugh. I must be right about the barista. I raised a brow, "Where is it this time?" "On the side of my cup... With a note." He said handing me both drinks. I laughed at what was written, boy was she desperate! Or lonely... Either way, it was hilarious. I gave Scott back his drink as we fell into a comfortable silence.

I was looking out the window at the heavy drops of water falling from the sky. I found rain peaceful, not sure why though. "So how do you feel about me being your brother-in-law Mitchie?" Scott said with a smirk. I rolled my eyes at him, "Shut up, Hoying." I honestly hated the idea of him being my brother. Even if we wouldn't be blood related, it'd be weird to still have feelings for him.

"Whatcha thinking about, Melissa?" Scott asked, bringing me out of my trance. "Uhm, how old we're getting." I lied. "Well we're only 22, so we aren't that old." "I guess." "We still have the rest of our lives together!" "That we do! Especially now that you'll officially be part of the family." I forced a smile onto my face. "The rain seems to be easing up." "Way to point out the obvious, Skid mark." He laughed as he stood up, waiting for me. "Help me daddy!" I lifted my hands up for him to pull me.

"Your wish is my command, little Mitchie." He pulled me up with ease and we heading out the door. "So what are your colors again?" I asked as we waited for cars to pass. I saw him roll his eyes, "Rose Gold and Black. Who picks Rose Gold with black?!" He questioned as he started walking across the street, "Apparently my sis-" as I was looking both ways I had realized a car ignored the stop sign and was speeding towards Scott. "Scott!" I called out, he turned as I pushed him out the way.

I felt my body lurch backwards and heard cracking. Next I was lying on the pavement. It was getting hard to breathe. Everything hurt. I was staring at the sky as the ringing in my ears got louder. The rain would probably wash away the tears that were flowing down my face. My eyes started to get heavy. I was giving in. The pain was taking over my body. I blacked out...