The Visit Home

Scott, Kirstie, and I were all back home to visit our families before we continued on with tour. As we were walking through the airport, Kirstie had been talking our ears off and asking questions about how we were going to keep our relationship from our parents. I thought it'd be pretty easy, as long as we don't kiss or anything. Other than that, our behavior is the same.

"Kirst, you worry too much."

"Yeah, and you worry too less." She glanced over at Scott before whispering in my ear, "What if you guys wanna play hide the sausage or some shit?"

I burst into laughter, "Then we'll be discreet. Just never say that again." I said wiping stray tears.

"What was that about?" Scott asks as he wrapped a long arm around my shoulders, "I'm not repeating that." I say giggling.

"Was it that bad?" "It was just really-"

"MITCHY!"

I threw Scott's arm off of me as I heard my sisters voice call me. As we all turned in the direction it was coming from we were surprised to see our families standing together with huge smiles on their faces. "Mom!" I heard Scott cry out as he ran to her. I had to bite my lip from cheesing extra hard at the moment they shared. Next was Kirstie as she was being embraced by her family. It is so good to be home!

***

Remember what I said about being home? Yeah, it's no longer good to be here.

My parents and aunt keep pestering me about dating, my sister is teasing me about Scott and I at the airport, my grandma is saying she wants great grandchildren. I needed to get away... And quickly.

I excused myself from their company and ran up to my room and plopped face first onto my bed.

When did being an adult become solely about dating and bringing home a boyfriend? Why was my family so obsessed with the idea of me dating anyways?

I was in deep thought when I felt my phone vibrating in my back pocket, groaning I pulled it out and glanced at the screen:

Daddy: I miss u ❤

My mood instantly lifted. God I'm so in love. Laughing, I sent out my reply.
Our conversation went on through the night. We joked and sent an occasional selfie just because we could. In the end though, it left me feeling happy that we have each other but so lonely because he wasn't with me.

***

As I buttoned up my dress shirt, my older sister came into my room.

"Mom and Aunt Nicole invited Brandon over for dinner..." I turned to my sister so fast, I thought I would have whiplash. "Brandon? As in my ex-boyfriend Brandon??" I said panicked, "Why? He-He shouldn't be here? Why is he coming? Scott and Kirstie and their families will be here!?" This was going to be a disaster.

"Mom thinks you need a man to take care of you, apparently."

I couldn't get any words out before the doorbell rang.

God, if you love me...

"Mitchell, you have a visitor." My dad yelled from downstairs, I looked over to my sister for guidance, "Girl, don't look at me. I don't know what to do." She shrugged. Groaning, I reluctantly went down the steps to meet my fate. My eyes widened at the sight in front of me. If I was told Scott, my actual boyfriend, would be standing next to Brandon, my ex and supposed date for tonight, I wouldn't have come down.