6

I woke up from the ground. Darkness surrounded the Telly room. I felt my eyes burn every time I blink. I checked my phone to see what the time was

2:38 AM

How long was I out? I get up from the floor. Wait why was I on the floor? I walk towards the bathroom to use the toilet.

After I finished my business, I washed my hands and looked up the mirror to see my face. I see cuts. Everywhere. No I can't go to school like this. Ugh. But that'd mean I couldn't show up for a couple weeks until bits of it is gone. I turn off the water and dry my hands to turn my head, to see dry blood. I see bits of glass in my face, remembering what had happen. I look for the tweezers in the cabinets, and find them next to the first aid kit. I winced at every time I pulled out pieces of glass from my cuts. I have to show up at school. But I shouldn't. I look at the time now

3:15 AM

I groaned. I won't be able to sleep again. I walked towards the kitchen to make me lunch and when I was finished I put in my backpack so I wouldn't forget. I walked back to the bathroom with clean clothes in my hands so I can get ready for school. The water burned the cuts on my face and my neck. Especially when the soap from my shampoo would roll down. 

Once that was done. I grabbed money for the bus enough to make two trips and to buy food. One for food and the second for school. I grabbed my backpack and my phone. I left the house wishing I could turn my back toward it and leave without looking back, but that's not going to happen.

I walked to the bus stop surprised they were up at this time. The doors open to see the same bus driver, Ben , who usually drives me to the school nearest stop. I sat near the door and he closed the doors. I looked out the window and he started to talk.

"Any place you want to go?" He asked, "I have a whole a lot time"

"Can we go to McDonalds? I'm just gonna grab food, exit, and go to my every-weekday-destination" I said

"Yeah" he said starting to drive. "So why are you up so early?"

"Trying to escape" I sighed

"Mhm having troubles at home?" He asked turning

"I guess you'd say" I shrugged looking out at the window.

"How's your brother?" He asked.

"He's good, he's at new station right now which is way safer than the last one" I stated

"That's good" he says, "what country is he in this time?"

"I believe France" I said

"So he's closer to home uh?" He asked

"Yeah, I even told him I should fly myself out there but he denied" I said as we land at my first destination. "Be right back" I said

-

I waved goodbye to Ben and sat the steps of my school. I texted Brooklyn I would take the bus today, I should've done it later so he doesn't wonder why I'm up so early.

4:48 AM

School doesn't start until 7:45 so I have to wait. I grabbed my breakfast and started to eat. Hoping something exciting would happen in front of my eyes , as I look into the dark sky with stars covering. By the hour, the stars  begin to fade and the colors begin to change. First this beautiful orange-red color with pink, to its normal color blue figure except this time is being covered up with clouds.

6:37 AM

By this time people are already at school, mums or dads got a job some where in Manchester that starts at 7:30 or they live somewhere a little closer to Leeds, Liverpool, or maybe Blackburn. They started to unlock the doors to open the school. I stood up faster than I should've, and I felt the rush of dizziness. When I recovered, I went to my locker to my lunch in there as well at the books I don't need until 5th. I see that people saw the cuts on my face, they would just stare. I put my head down and started to read my book.

Within 18 minutes I felt a pair of arms around my waist. I smiled to myself.

"Guess who?" I herd Brooklyn's voice.

"Um give me a hint" I teased

"He's the most handsomest guy in school" he said

"Ooo give me another one" I said

"He has the best body in the country" he said

"Mhmm" I teased, "I give up." I was gonna turn around but got scared on what he might say.

"Um something happened yesterday after you left" I said

"Yeah what's that?" He asked I turned around so he could see me. He doesn't focus on my breast, my waist, or hips. He only see's the nightmare. "Who did this to you"

"I'm to scared to say" I whispered dropping my head.

He gently lifted my head with his hands, as if he was scared to hurt me, and kissed my lips. I could hear a few people behind Brooklyn whispering.

"Your still beautiful" he said, "just tell me who did this to you" tears ran down my slowly making my cuts burn.

"M-my mum" I manage to speak.

"Ok as soon as we get out of school, we can just go the police and-" he said but I cut him off.

"We can't Brooklyn, my mum is all I have." I said

"What about your dad?" He asked

"He died from a drunk driver 5 years ago" I said silently with more tears.

"I'm sorry" he said quietly, "what about that one guy he looked exactly like you maybe like 3 years older than you?"

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"In the picture that I asked you when I first came to your house." He asked.

"He's my brother" I said.

"What about him?" He asked.

"He's in the army right now. He doesn't come back who knows when" I said.

"Oh" was all he said.

"How about Friday you come to my house and stay over?" He asked

"I can't my mum would think I'm 'slutting' around. I don't even think that's word. Slutting" I laughed a little.

"Just say your going to Penelope's house" he said referring to one of the soccer girls. "I mean you don't have any games this weekend"

"Ok" I said.

"and how about you meet my friends today at lunch today?" He asked.

"What if they don't like me?" I asked.

"Then they're not worth hanging on to" he said staring into my eyes with a smile adding a peck on my lips.

//

A/n:

I'm sorry this chapter kinda, really does, suck. But I'd like to thank you guys for still reading my book.

Now the quote about the nightmare is not by me its by this women named laurel I believe.

I really hope you enjoy my book. I love you all even if you think my book is stupid or good.

Xx

NiallMate