13

A day before Graduation

"Wait your not coming until next month?" I ask with a tear goes down my cheek

"I'm sorry ness. It's my captain wants me just for a month for some gun testing" my brother says.

"It's fine I'm glad your coming home. Whether it's a month or 3, I'm glad cause I know you come home and stay" I say trying to convince myself.

"I'm sorry ness but I gotta go" he says.

"Ok bye Eddie" I press end on the house phone, I start to break down.

"What's wrong honey?" My nana asks.

"Eddie is not coming till next month and I told him I'd be fine but I'm not" I say.

"Oh honey, I'm sorry but it's not his choice" she says rubbing my shoulders, "and if anything he can be there"

I look at her with a confuse look, "what do you mean?"

"I have picture of him and we can have him next to us as if he was here" she puts her two fingers up and down as if it were a quote on quote.

"Your so cute nana. But yes I'd love that"

-
Graduation

"Hey what's up princess?" Brooklyn came into my room.

"Eddie won't be here today?" I sigh.

"I'm sorry" he says.

"It's fine really, I'm just really happy to walk out the school as Valedictorian" I smiled.

"That's my girl" he says kissing the top of my head.

"Ok kids it's time to go" my nana says.

"Ready?" He asks.

"Ready" I say as he grabs my hand and walk down the stairs together.

"You guys are so cute!" Victoria squeals.

-

"When I stepped into this school I expected mean girls status" I heard a few laughs, "and I thought I wouldn't fit it. But some how around all these years I manage to get around these classes. I would like to thank my parents as the rest in paradise, my nana, the teachers, Victoria, Coach David and Brooklyn for always staying by side and the ones to put a smile on my face. Thank you class of 2017" I smiled as walking off the stage and taking my seat next to Brooklyn.

After my speech they started to call names so we could get out diploma. Once called mind principle Higgs stops.

"I like to say, even with Vanessa's brother gone she still is with a smile" he says and that's what kinda made tears in my eyes, "and I know how she feels cause my brother was sent and rarely came. So I just to say is Vanessa could you turn that way?" He says pointing to the left, and I see my brother. I ran to him at hugged him as I cried.

"I love you Eddie I'm glad your home"

"Class of 2017 I would like you to stand up" Principle Higgs says and we do what he says, "I would like you guys move you strings from right to left and congratulate you all thank you for an incredible 4 years" and the whole class 2017 cheers and throwing their hats in the air.