17

"Guess what?" Jack says.

"What?" I ask. It's been a week since my birthday and I am currently hanging out with Jack while Brooklyn is in LA with his mom at a runway.

"So I was trying to see what college I'm going to go and....I'm going to UCLA with you!" He says with a smile.

"No way!" I smile. Oooh when Brooklyn hears this he's going to be furious.

"Yeah my letter literally just came in today!" He says.

"Wow that's amazing!" I smile.

"Yeah! When you going for orientation?" He asks.

"Oh Brooklyn is over there right now, well he was. He should be coming back" I say.

"He can do that?"

"Well sort of but since I'm out of the states they made it acceptable" I say.

"Ah that's pretty cool" he says then in a minute of silence, "why is Brooklyn mad at me?"

"Um"

"Please tell me"

"Uh he thinks you have a bit of a crush on me" I start force my laugh hoping he would too but he doesn't.

"Jack... Why aren't you laughing?" I say as my fake laugh dies down.

"Vanessa I love you. When I first saw you, met you, I felt jealous. Even when I was dating Sarah" he says, "when I'm with you I feel like something wild inside me. Like I'm not myself. I'm some one different. A person who conquer can the world and create world peace"

"Jack I can't make you feel-" I say but I get cut off

"Yes you can. If there was a word better than perfect it's be you. Your voice soothes me. The way your real laugh fills the room. Not the one not to long ago," he chuckles his face then heats up.

"Jack please don't do this" I say

"But it's what I feel" he says. He smashes his lips one mine. I push him off of me before it could any further.

"Jack you have to leave" I say looking out at the window, "please"

"Vanessa... Please I love you" he says.

"Please" I say looking at him. He sees my tears and he nods grabbing his phone before leaving. I then saw he was looking at someone, nodding as if saying 'sup', and then leaving. I see Brooklyn.

"Brook" I say.

"I saw everything" he said, "I think I should go too"

"What?" I ask, "didn't you see me push out the way?"

"Yes but I saw you watch him leaning into you" he says.

"Brooklyn he didn't even lean into me he just smashed his lips ok? And why aren't you believing me when you saw it too? Are you mad because I was hanging with Jack?" I say growing angry, but still calm.

"It's not-" he says but I cut him off.

"Then what is it? Is it me? Is it because I'm leaving? I mean I can stay-" I say but this time he cuts me off.

"No it's none of that. Maybe we just need a break, Maybe we should just be friends" he speaks.

"What? Brooklyn do you even know what your talking about? Brooklyn do you love me?" I say.

"Is that even a question?" He asks.

"Do you love me?" I ask

"Yes" he says, I get close to him and kiss his lips, he doesn't kiss back.

"You found someone else didn't you?" I say and he stays silent, "why?"

"Vanessa" he says.

"Why? Was I not good enough? Is it because of Jack? I can stop hanging out with him?" I say

"Vanessa your going to be across the country, what makes you think I'm gonna live with out you?" He says

"So it is because me going, you know Brooklyn if you 'loved me so much' like you said before, then at least try" I say more angrier than before but I show it by releasing more tears.

"Vanessa I do love you" he says starts getting teary too.

"Why you crying?" I ask changing the subject.

"Well I don't like seeing you hurt" he says with now red eyes.

"If you didn't like seeing me hurt then why would you date me in the first place? You've seen me hurt before, when my mom used to hit me. What's different now?" I ask now bit confident before the conversation.

"I'm sorry" he says.

"What's her name?" I ask.

"Chloe"

"Where did you meet her?" I ask he stays silent and I repeat the question.

"In LA" he says silently.

"That's great. You know I'm going to LA too? Wow ok, well I hope you and Chloe do well" I say, "goodbye Brooklyn"

"Van-" he says I cut him off.

"No. Goodbye Brooklyn" I say and he leaves. I hear the door close and start bawling. I hear my brother come home.

"Ness? You okay?" Eddie asks and I shake me head, "let me grab the Disney movies and ice cream" he says

Man do I love my brother...
But no matter what anyone does, my heart will still be broken....