14

At Maria's house

As I stood at the door of my brothers love, Brooklyn texted me.

Brook <3:

Hey wanna come over at my house at 6?

I looked at the time it was noon

To: Brook<3

Yeah, I'll see if my brother can drop off

I got a reply within seconds

Brook<3:

Ok see you soon princess ◽️◽️

To: Brook<3

Brooklyn...I can't see your emojis.

Brook<3:

Oops. Forgot.

The door had opened to Maria. She saw me and hugged me. She then saw Eddie and gasped. They been looking at each other for the past 2 minutes, or what it felt like.

"Eddie I thought you were in the army?" She asks.

"I was but I finished my 3 years" he responds.

"Uh please come in" she says still in shock that my brother was here.

"You have a nice home" I say looking around.

"Thanks, my mum helped me out before she moved to Scotland with me dad" she responds.

"How are your parents?" Eddie asks.

"They're great, my dad had finally found his paradise is Scotland. My mum loves it as well"

"Maria, I'm sorry" he says.

"What for?" She asks pretending as she didn't know. But then again I don't know.

"For me leaving" he whispers.

"Edward, it's not your fault. You said you needed the money for college" she says and silence had came upon us.

"How's Annabel?" Eddie breaks the tension that was built in the room.

"She's- she's um taking a nap right now" she says getting up and we follow her to where the destination of the room was.

"Oh my- she's beautiful" I whispered looking at the almost to be 3 years old.

"She's got her moms face" Eddie whispered, "does she know I'm her dad?"

She nods her head, "she sees pictures of you and asks when you come home," she starts tearing up.

"Well I'm home"

-

"Ello McCartney" David says.

"Ello. Is Brooklyn around?"

"Yeah he's up in his room, come on in" he says and I go in.

"You ready for the last game?" David asks as he closes the door.

"Yeah, I'm sad this is my last season. Or at least if I can get money to college" I say.

"You know it might be late for colleges or Uni.'s that might be accepting but I heard that one of the Ucla's soccer coaches is gonna come to see our game and they might like what they see." He says continuing, what it seems, drinking his tea.

"Really? I'm give it my 150% to it" I say smiling.

"VANESSA IM IN MY ROOM" I heard Brooklyn yell.