15

"Come on McCartney!" I hear Brooklyn cheering me on.

I rush to the player and snatching the ball away from the player on the other team and dribbling the ball as fast as I could but trying to have the ball close to me.

"McCartney!" I hear my teammate Kiki call out I pass it to her making the players chase her and she passes it back making me score on the team. Me and Kiki smile hugging each other as the ref blew the whistle to call game over. Which also means we are the number one team in the England.

"Good job ladies!" David says smiling as we all are.

"Where would you like the medals and trophies?" The man asks David.

"Right there" David says pointing at the chair, "thank you."

"Hey babe" Brooklyn says sitting behind me on the floor.

"Hey. Don't I smell?" I giggle a little.

"Yeah but that ain't gonna stop me from sitting next to you" he says and I shrug.

"I like to thank you all for this amazing season, because this is my last season teaching the team" he says

"What?" All of us chat.

"Yes I know I know, but you see you guys I'm getting older and and so do you guys. And by the time we all know it you guys are heading to uni.s! Like woah! But it's not that I don't want to stop coaching, it's just when the team is done I won't have all of you. It's not really my team without all of you. I mean 4 out 13 girls are already heading to the uni.'s." He speaks.

I think in my head, wait only Kiki, Monica, and Penelope were going to go Uni.'s and who are also the only seniors (and me).

"I say four because, McCartney here got a scholarship to UCLA soccer team" David's says and my mouth drops. I hear people cheering and Brooklyn yelling something I don't exactly know what he yelling because I'm to shock to even notice.

"Really?!" I hear my brother.

"Yeah they want to talk to her after the trophies are handed out" David responds.

Wow. I'm going to UCLA.

-

"Happy birthday to you. Cha cha cha! Happy birthday to you! Cha cha cha! Happy birthday dear vanessaaaaaaaaaa! Happy birthday to you!" Everyone sings out.

"Make a wish!" My nana yells. I thought what I was going to wish and blew out all 17 candles.

"Wooooooo" I hear my brother yell.

"Happy birthday babe" Brooklyn says quietly in my ear.

"Thank you" I say quietly.

"Let's cut the cake!" I hear Harper and Annabel yell and giggle after.

"Ok you too" Victoria says smiling.

"Here's a slice, and another slice" Maria says giving them both a slice.

"Happy birthday McCartney" I gear Jack say from behind.

"Hey you made it!" I say hugging him for a quick second.

"Wouldn't miss is it for the world, but my two other sisters came too" he said smiling at first but then looking a bit annoyed.

"It's alright more the merrier!" I say with a smile.

"Yeah, I brought you a gift" he says holding a bag.

"Aw you didn't have to" I say

"I saw something and thought of you" he says nervously.