We Could Be Hero's | Chapter 4

We drove around for a long time. By the time we were done looking around it was 9pm. Jenna had bought me a bracket that matched hers and she bought me a eyeliner cause she noticed I had ran out at my house. I though it was really sweet of her. "Starbucks then home?" Jenna asked. I nodded my head and I turned the volume up. We could be hero's just for one day by David Bowie blasted through the speakers.

We pulled up to the building and we got out. I just got a strawberry frap and jenna got a iced coffee. We took a seat at the table and I checked my phone. I had a message from a strange number.

'Is this Lynn?' It read

'yeah, who's this?'

I typed back waiting for a reply jennas leg had bumped my. And I didn't even notice until the warmth left my leg. I looked up at her and gave her a smile. She smiled back showing her bright teeth. She's got such pretty eyes. I thought. Then my phone buzzed again.

'Um it's Alexa. I justI guess I want to apologize to you.  For seeing me like that at the party.'

'Um it's alright. I assume that happens to everyone once.'

I typed back feeling a little weird. I didn't even notice jenna got up and threw our stuff out. "You ready to go?" She asked. I nodded my head and we got back in the car and started our journey back to my house. Alexa never texted back, she must've felt a little weird to. "Um, thanks for coming out with me." Jenna said. Out? Was this a date? Jenna must've saw my confusion and scrabble her words up "I'm mean...not like out out...like a date..that's not...unless you want...um..just thanks." She said with a little giggle. I just let out a little laugh. "Well best date I've been on." I said and closed the door and waved as she left. 

I walked up to the door and unlocked it. My parents are out tonight. I went to the fridge and got an apple and went back up to my room. I fell back on my bed and checked my phone.  I had a message from Alexa.

'So..I heard you and Sam are good friends.'

Now this just confused me. Don't bullies usually not try and befriend their targets?

'Yeah. I met on the first day of school'

Which was like 3 weeks ago? Damn already a month here. That's crazy. I didn't think it was long long already. I sat up and got in my pajamas and threw my hair up into a bun and sat back down and check my phone yet again.

'I'm sorry about all the bullying by the way. You seem cool'

'Uh okay. But why the apologizes now?' I pried.

'Well at the party when I said my parents would kill me. I was talking about me being gay.'

WHAT?!? Alexas gay? But she bullied me and jenna for being gay.

'Your gay' I simply asked.

'Well I assume Sam told you what happened between me and jenna. I bullied her cause I knew I was falling but I would get shunned by my parents.' Alexa typed.

What? What kind of parents would shun their own daughter?  I was furious. I was outraged at her parents. I would hit them and shun them. Just as I was about to type her a reply my phone buzzed again from Alexa

'Don't tell anyone this though okay.  Goodnight'

'I won't.  Um goodnight.' I texted back and turned my screen off and laid it on my chest.  Alexa is gay. Wow this is allot to take in  though it kinda does make sense that she'd bully gays. She would get treated that way 24/7 at home. I got this sickening feeling in my stomach from thinking about what and how they could beat her.  Sure she bullied me but it never bothered me. And she's a human being and deserves respect for her life style choices. I was lucky to have such an understanding family. I honestly don't think I could survive with parents like hers.

I laid on my side and starred at a picture that was on my bedside table.  It was of me and a old friend of mine. Suddenly in felt tears pricking at my eyes.  I quickly wiped them and grabbed the picture and held it on my chest.  It was of me and my ex girlfriend. She killed herself 1 year ago. I wish that there could've been something I could've done. She hid her sorrow damn well. And she was am expert with faking a smile. I truly thought she was happy and that we were gonna make it. I should've know that's not what she thought.

I placed the picture back on my table and rolled the other way. I coins feel my eyes getting heavy so I closed them and waited for sleep to devour me. 

A/N sorry again for the long wait. I just got a new phone and the keypad is way smaller then my ipad so it feels weird. P.s if you want could you all check out Neverose on Facebook? It's like a personal blog for me. I'm gonna be posting videos, covers, updatesshould I have some stories on their too? And this chapter isn't more then 1000 words :(