I'll Find You Another Time | Chapter 26

1 week to prom

"Come on Alexa, you can't just ignore me your whole life. Please call me back." I said leaving her a voice message. The past week we've gone from glares to small talk in school.

I rolled over on my bed and called Sam. "Hey, can I ask a favor?" I said as soon as she answered. "Sure. What cha need." She said and I took a deep breath. "Can I come over and say I'm there to visit you but really I want to see alexa." I said twirling my hair that was in my face.

"You're getting that desperate?" She said and I scoffed. "Pffft. No, we're actually talking now." I said getting ready. "Yeah sure bud. But yeah you can. But she has a band practice soon." She said. Oh yeah Alexas in a band. I turned around and my eyes landed on my song book.

"I'll be right over." I said hanging up while not taking my eyes off my book. I could use this as a reason to talk to her. I thought holding my book. We could collab. I picked my phone up again while putting my book in my bag. "Hey! What would you say if we collaboration with a another band?" I said as Alex answered the phone.

"I thin it would be great. But aren't we already doing a lot right now?" He asked. Well. We have already recorded and uploaded our single. We have an EP ready to be uploaded on the 22nd. We're playing our first gig. We're going on tour 2 weeks later.

"Well. We could do it and have it produced while we're on tour or even after tour. But recording it right now would be better than after or on tour." I said walking out and getting into my car.

"That's actually good. Who were you planning on having us collab with?" He asked. "Alexas band. Love, Robot." I said and started my car and started driving off, but before he could reply my phone lost signal and he got cut off. I scrunched my eyebrows and just kept driving..

●●●

*knock knock*

"I'm coming!" I heard a female voice yell after I knocked. The door opened revealing a shocked Alexa. "Hey" I said giving her a smile. "Hi. What're you doing here." She asked. "Um..I'm here to visit your sister." I said and she nodded looking down. "And to mostly stalk you." I added and she looked up and I saw a small smile reach her lips.

Just then Sam came walking by and saw me and pulled me inside and hugged me. "It feels like forever since you came over." She said squeezing me. I let out a strangled dramatic cry and hugged her back. I looked up while still hugging Sam to see alexa walking away to the stairs.

I pulled back from Sam and she pulled me up the stairs too. I stopped just before we walked Into her room. "I just...I'll be right back." I say and walk towards Alexas room.

I knock 2 times and open the door and see her sitting on her bed. I walk in and sit beside her. "Hey." I say and she says it back. "So I have a proposition." I start and she looks at me. "How would you and your band feel about collabbing together. You guys can have it on your EP." I say

"Were not even releasing one." She says simply. "I can help you guys with that. I know a guy and I feel like you guys would be great." I say. "We can start working on the song right now." I say.

"Your serious." She says looking at me. "Yeah. I'll give him your number and you guys can talk it out. But I want the song recorded before grad." I say. She opens her eyes wide. "Your just trying to get me to spend more time with you." She says with a chuckle.

"You got me." I say holding my hands up. We both start laughing and my hand found my way to hers. She noticed the warmth and our eyes met and she looked down at our hands and she slowly pulled away.  "Dont do that." I say "do what?" She says oblivious.

"Try and burry what your feeling. It's okay to forgive me. It's okay to feel happy with me. It's okay to be with me." I say holding her hand again. "I do feel happy. But, I'm just not ready to be with you." She says unknowingly breaking my heart.

"That's okay. I'll fight everyday for you to be mine again." I say squeezing her hand and giving her a hug. "I'll text you the guys information I say and walk out, straight out to my car and I get in and toss my phone on the passengers seat and I start to cry.

I hold my head with my one hand while the other is on the steering wheel. I cry for about 2 minutes when I see alexa looking out her bedroom window down at me. I wipe my eyes looking at her and start my car and drive off.

3 days later

"It's done!" I say as we finish recording the song we've been working on with Alexas band. Me and Alexa decided on calling it Rain. We've actually gotten closer since she catched me crying in her driveway. 

We moved past the awkward small talk and we started becoming friends again. "Great guys!" Sora says. Its the guy who Cori recommended to Alexas band. We all smiled and cheered. "Now this'll be out in a couple months okay?" He says looking at Alexa and the rest of her band.

They nodded and started packing up. I moved over to Alexa.  "Hey...do you guys maybe want to play this song with us at prom?" I ask and Alexa looks up at me. "Oh yeah, you guys are playing." She says. I nod my head.

"What harm could it do"