I'm Loved, And I'm Lost | Chapter 28

I stared at the 35 question diploma exam in front of me on the desk. All of the students had to take the exams in the gym, so it was full. We had just gotten our test 5 minutes ago and I haven't even gotten to writing my name down.

I looked around me and saw faces I'd never seen before, then there were the faces I'd seen everyday; Alex, Brian, Sam, alexa. Too say I had many friends would be a lie, but the ones I have are more than enough.

I let out a little chuckle and wrote my name down and started my test. It was an English exam, so I wasn't really worried about it. English was my favourite core class. I always paid attention in that class. It helped a lot with my writing. Some times I would ask the teacher to look over some songs I'd written, but I'd pass them off as poems.

I finished my exam relatively quick, the teacher didn't look suprised at all. Some students actually made snide comments on how I'd get the top grade. After I had handed mine in as I left the gym I passed the boys and they were about half way through the test.

I saw what question they were on, it was the same one. "C" I whispered then coughed as I passed them slowly. It must've looked so obvious but no one called me out on it. Which wasn't that Supriseing anyway. I always helped out others. I left the gym and was told that I could either stay in the library or go home for 2 hours til the next test.

I chose to stay and wait for the guys. We could study for our history final which is next. I walked into the library and hoped on a couch and just went on my phone. I went to my Netflix app and started from where I left off on watching The Vampire Diaries. Which was season 2.

You have no idea how many times I've rewatched all the seasons in order. I just love the show.  I was half way through the episode when I felt the couch dip by my legs and someone putting my legs on them. I looked up to see Alex. "Finally done." I said getting more comfortable.

He nodded his head and his eyes just stayed glued to by the door. I looked over to see the girl he had for his prom date. "Why don't you go talk to her." I say sitting up keeping my legs on him. "I don't know. She says she doesn't want anything serious right now." He says looking down playing with my shoelaces.

I look at the girl and instantly feel disgust. No one makes my best friend feel this way. I sit up and lay my head on his shoulder. "Was Brian almost done." I say changing the subject for him. "He should be done right about now." He says pointing at the door, and no one walks through. I stare at him like he's crazy and a few moments later Brian walks through.

Alex starts freaking out and claiming he's a genius. Brian just looks soo confused. Is he happy to see me? Is he happy I finally finished the exam? Brian will never know. I wave him over and he comes and sits on Alexs lap. "I thought I'd never see you again" and pretends to make out with him. I could not stop laughing. People were watching them and I just couldn't stop laughing.

They were always joking around like this. We always did together. That's why we're best friends. "Hey! Off my boyfriend." I say squeezing between the two. We all start laughing and someone comes up to us. "Mm mhmm." We stop and turn around laughing still then compose our selves when we see the librarian.

"Out." She says and waits for us to leave. We get up and grab our things and walk out, as soon as we're out of the school we collapse on the grass and continue laughing. "Way to go brian." I choke out laughing. "All I did was enter the room." He says holding up his hands. "That's all you had to do." I say calming down.

Things get quiet and more serious. "Are you ready for tomorrow?" I ask the guys. "I don't know. Math wasn't my strongest subject." Alex said. I nodded my head. "Let's go to my house and study?" I say. They nod their head and the bell tings for the 2nd exam today to start. We get to our feet and make our way inside.

We pass the library and people are still laughing as they walk out. I don't know how this school is gonna handle being without us. We lit up this school and made everyone laugh. We walk into the gym and sit in our seats and 'bam!' The 2nd exam was put on all of our desk.

It's okay Lynn, you got this.