This Isn't Violence | Chapter 9

I walked straight out of school when the bell rang. I didn't know what I was thinking yesterday with Alexa. I've been avoiding her all day. I was just about off school property when I ran into Alex. "Hey, Lynn what's up?" He said steadying me. I looked around. "Can I talk to you? Not here though" I said pulling his arm along with me.

We walked to a park and we sat on the swings. "So I went on a date with Jenna about two weeks ago. It was amazing. Even if she thought of it as only being friendly. Anyway. I never saw her after it. Until a week ago when he showed up at my window all bloody and cold." I said stiffening up. Alex just listened.

"Her and her parents were in a car accident and jenna walked 2 hours to my place. I didn't know what to do. Alex she was so cold." I said leaning my head on his shoulder. He put his arm around me. "She's at the hospital now. She had surgery and...she looked so lifeless. Alex in that moment I knew I knew I liked her." I said looking at him.

"Shell be okay Lynn. You can go on dates. You can tell me about how she smiles when she talks about things she passionate about. You can brag to me about how she treats you, how she notices things about you that you never did." Alex spoke. I nodded my head.

"There's something else though." I said thinking about Alexa. "I made out with Alexa the night I find out about Jenna." He didn't say anything. "She was there with me. I initiated it Alex. I do like Jenna. But Alexa, she's dangerous, it fearful and it consumes me. I know her rep but that might be just what I like." I said holding my head.

"But it could've just been me trying to distract myself from Jenna." I sighed. "Well. You know what happened between Alexa and Jenna. It's all up to you." Alex told me standing up. I looked down at the sand and then stood up with him. "I'll give it more time. I don't even know if I like Alexa like that." I said. He nodded. "Well there's something there. You did initiate the kiss you said." He said as we walked over to his car.

"Do you wanna hang out again? Avoid Alexa." He said sitting in the front seat starting the car up. I looked around and saw Brian walking up to us. I saw Sam come out of the school next and I got in the backseat before Alexa could come out and see me. "Yeah. Okay." I said sucking behind the seat. He let out a chuckle and Brian hopped in.

"Hey Lynn." He said. The whole time we spent together I filled Brian in and I asked them if they could drop me off at the hospital to see Jenna. They agreed and even asked if they could stay with me there. So we got there and I asked the reception lady if I could see her. "She actually just fell asleep an hour ago. I doubt she'll wake up but you three may go in and sit around. No noise!" She said and we nodded and I led the way to her room.

She looked so better. The colour in her cheeks returned. They were pink and she just looked so better, I couldn't help but smile at the sight of her. "Woah." Brian said walking in after us. I nodded my head. "She was in rougher shape last night. She looks so much better." I said walking up to her bed side and taking her hand in mine.

"So she's a..." Alex said "yup. I'm trying to see if my parents can take her in. She is almost 18." I said wiping away a tear that had found its way onto my cheek. Brian sat next to me and held my hand. I looked at our hands then I looked at him and gave him a smile. I opened my mouth to say something then I felt Jennas hand move. My eyes shot over to her and I stood up and was released from Brians hand.

"Mom...dad....mmm." Jenna mumbled. I stood up and held her hand. "Mom.." She said sun ching her nose rolling her head to the side. "Jenna. It's me. It's Lynn." I said holding both hands now. Jennas eyes were slowly opening. "Lynn? Wha- what are you- where am i?" She spoke. I looked at the boys and they got the hint and they left. Jenna noticed them. "Where are they-" She said trying to sit up then collapsed back down. And held her side.

I scrunched my eyebrows and I grabbed her hospital gown and looked at her to see if she'd let me see what's wrong. She nodded and I lifted it to see a huge stitched up cut. She groaned. "What happened? The last thing I remember was..." She spoke then got silent. "You showed up at my house Jenna." I spoke. She nodded her head. "I drove as fast as I could to get you here. You've been here for 2 days now." I said.

I stopped talking. I should be the one to tell her about her parents. I wouldn't want to be told by an officer or doctor. "Um Jenna?" I said getting her attention again. "The car. My parents." She said trying to sit up again. "No Jenna. Stay down." I said holding her hand. She nodded.

"How are they?" She asked. I looked down. She sat up a bit and squeezed my hand. "Lynn. How are they." She asked again. Her heart monitor started beeping more faster. I looked up at her. I shook my head. Ad much as I wanted it to be me to tell her, I couldn't find the words or even make a sound.

"No..no!..this isn't real. This isn't real!" She said shaking her head holding her self. She started to pull the needles put of her and her room started beeping like crazy. Alex and Brian came back in along with a nurse who had to sedate jenna.

I just watched. I stood there and watched Jenna fall back asleep. I watched as they strapped her arms down. I watched till everything went black.

All We Need Of Hell (Lynn Gunn)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara