There's A Light Inside Of Me | Chapter 22

3 weeks till prom

It was Saturday and I think it's roughly 12pm cause of the light entering my room blinding me. I rolled over and was about to pull my covers over my head when  I saw about 10 people in my room staring at me.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!" the all shout and this time I do cover my face up. I could hear them all laughing. I finally roll the covers down and sit up and blow the candles out. I take this time to look at who's all here. My parents, Alex and Brian, my cousins Emily and Spencer, and Sam and Alexa...

I widened my eyes and quickly tried to make myself look more presentable. My mom chuckled. "Let's let her get ready guys." She said signalling them to go downstairs.

I waited for them to leave them I got up and brushed my hair out and slipped on some black skinnys and a black crop top. Wiped underneath my eyes and sprayed a little dry shampoo in my hair.

Satisfied with my look I walked downstairs and was greeted with them all singing happy birthday to me. I couldn't help but smile. I was finally 18.

I went up to them all and gave them each a hug till I got to Alexa. "Hey.." She said looking at me. "Hey.." I returned and went in for a awkward hug which didn't actually turn out too bad. I pulled back and gave her a smile.

"Okay. Boys don't let her have too much fun tonight!" My mom said. I looked at her then at Alex and Brian. "Cmon girl." They said taking me out of the house and into Sams car.

"Whays going on?" I asked. "Well were all spending a day together with you. Your cousins are coming to." Alex said pointing at them walking into their cars.

"How old are they anyway?" Brian asked. "Well Spencer is 19 and Emily is 20." I replied sitting in the middle of the boys in the backseat. "Ohhh. Older women."  He said. I let out a gagging noise and he shoved me playfully. "So what's first?" I asked and Alexs smirked at me and Sam started driving.

○○○

It was 3 and after 2 hours of aimlessly driving around lip syncing to classic songs we finally stopped somewhere. I looked out the window of Alexs lap and saw we were at a tattoo shop. We all got out and walked in.

"Appointment for Alex, Brian and Lynn." Brian said the the guy at the reception.  "Were getting matching best friend tattoos?!" I said in the most girliest sarcastic voice ever.

Alex nudged me and started laughing to. "Well I thought we'd all get a matching tattoo for our band. Like maybe an upside down effiel tower? Or a P." He said. "That's actually a great idea" I said. "What upside down effiel towers" Brian shot back. "No, a P. You know for Paris." I said "but where would we get it done?" I added.

"Plus I want it to be noticeable but also hidden from my parents." I quickly added. "Well what about behind our ears?" Alex chimed in. We all agreed and Brian went first.  We all sat down and waited for our turn. I sat beside Alexa and Alex and it was awkward. 

"I guess I can't belive your really here." I said to Alexa. She looked at me. "I still haven't forgiven you. But it's your 18th and that happens only once." She said looking back at her phone. "Please don't give me the cold shoulder." I begged.

She sighed. "What else do you want me to do.  I can't just forget what you did. At least not in a week." She said standing up and sitting on the opposite chair to Sam. I sighed

"Lynn your next." Alex said walking give back showing how his turned out. I high fived him and went walking towards the tattooist.

○○○

10pm

After a long day of awkward small talk with Alexa and driving around doing things with just Sam, Alexa and Alex in the car cause Brian went to ride with my cousins, mostly for Spencer, we arrived out side a bar. "Girl hope you have your ID handy!" Sam said parking and getting out of the car.

I got out and we entered the bar and Sam got us all 3 rounds of vodka shots to start us off. I then got this strange rainbow coloured drink on the house for my birthday, as long as I downed it in less then 15 seconds.

The night quickly became this hazy, glow in the dark, misty, electronic dance montage, I will not remeber this in the morning kind of night. "Lynn come dance with me!" My cousin Emily called me over where she was dancing with Alexa. U made my way over after I downed 2 more shots.

I started to move my body along to the music and soon noticed it was just me and Alexa and we started grinding up on each other, the music got dirtier with each dance and so did our dance moves.

○○○

I rolled over and immediately fell off the bed. I groaned and tried to stand up and go bathroom when I hit a dresser and and a nightstand.

"What the.." I said as I opened my eyes and realized I wasn't in my room. I was in fact, in Alexs room. I looked at the bed and noticed that Alex and Brian were passed out on the floor. I snickered and went to the bathroom.

I groaned as the light penetrated my eye souls as I entered the white porcelain forest. Well, the light was a normal light, but I have a killer hangover so what evs. I used that bathroom and got a glass of water for myself. I rubbed my eyes and finally focused on my reflection.  I nearly screamed.

I have joined the black parade. I grabbed some qtips and started to clean my eye makeup up and used Alexs brush to brush out my tangled mess of a head.

I then popped some Tylenol for my splitting headache and made my way back to the room to find Alex and Brian in the bed. I groaned and climbed in woth them pushing them over to make more room. They groaned but reluctantly moved over.

"How we get here?" I asked. "Mom picked us up and brought all here. After you and Alexa kinda started ti get heated at the club." I shot up which wasn't and good idea. "Wait what?" I asked looking at them. 

"You don't remeber?" He asked. I shook my head. Last night was a total blur. "You both literally almost went at it in the girls bathroom there. Good thing Sam needed to go when she did." I blushed and his my face.

Does this mean we're back together?