•Chapter Fifteen•

LYDIA:

"Reign! You need to focus!" I snapped.

"I have been! You think this is easy for me?" Her voice rose.

Ever since we found out that she could be a banshee...among other things, I've been trying to help her bring her inner banshee out. If she even was one.

I clenched my fists in frustration.
"Try again." I said quietly.

She rolled her eyes, but closed them and took a deep breath.

I watched her for a while, but her eyes flew open and she stomped her foot angrily.

"This is useless. I have no idea what I am. I can't do this Lydia." She cried out.
I walked over to her and placed a hand on her shoulder.

"Look. I went through the same thing. I know it's hard and frustrating, but you have to try. You can't give up." I told her.

She nodded slowly and I could tell she was going to keep trying. I admired her for that. She was brave. I was brave. We both were brave banshees.

REIGN:

Once again, I closed my eyes. I took a deep breath. I focused on nothing but the silence that surrounded us. I was about to give up again, but that's when I heard it.
Voices.

My eyes flew open and I listened. They were saying something, but I couldn't make it out. I concentrated harder.

"Please! Come save me!"

I gasped and broke my concentration.

"Reign? What did you hear?" Lydia asked.

I was at a loss for words. I couldn't believe what I had just heard. I looked up at her, my eyes wide.

"It was a girl. She said to come save her." I said.

Lydia thought for a moment.
"Do you know what girl?" She asked.

I shook my head. The voice sounded really familiar, but I couldn't place it.

Lydia embraced me in a tight hug.
"I'm so proud of you. I knew you could do it." She smiled at me.

I smiled back.

BRETT:

I was sitting on Reign's bed, waiting for her to come home. I hope she made progress.
I heard her running up the stairs. She flung open her door and had a huge smile on her face. She ran over and tackled me.

"Reign!" I laughed.

She sat on top of me and held my arms down. She held her face in front of mine.
"Guess what?" She asked eagerly.

"What?" I replied.

"I did it! I heard voices. Well, one voice." She answered, still smiling.

"That's great!" I leaned up and kissed her. I loved kissing her.

She pulled away and continued rambling on and on. I flipped her over on her back and held her arms down.

"Reign."

"Hm?"

"Do you ever shut up?"

I pressed my lips against hers. She gave In and wrapped her arms around my neck, her fingers entangled with my hair.

"I love you." I murmured against her lips.

"I love you, Brett."

As we continued kissing, things got more heated. She pushed her hands up under my shirt. The warmth of her hands was electrifying. I pulled my shirt off and kissed her jawline and then her neck.

She whispered my name as I could tell she was enjoying every moment of this.

She pulled her shirt off and flipped me over. I wasn't used to her new strength, but I still loved it. She kissed my neck and my stomach.

I didn't know what tomorrow would bring and I certainly didn't know what next week would bring.

What I did know, was that I loved Reign so much. I wanted her now.

I could tell she wanted the same.

Soon, our love grew more and more passionate.