•Chapter Eighteen•

Listen to this song while reading this chapter.
••••••••••••••••••••••

As soon as Scott roared his Alpha roar, Jackson, Peter, Isaac, Ethan and Theo wolfed up.

Deucalion's pack ran to Scott's pack.

Parrish did what he did best and transformed into a hellhound.

Lydia and Stiles backed up against Reign and Brett.

Lydia grabbed Reign's hand.

Kira fought of two of Deucalion's pack.
Ethan slashed and clawed at the enemy. Jackson tore his way through a beta wolf. Isaac jumped in and helped Kira, who was just about to lose. Peter roared and jammed his claws into the stomach of one beta and threw him across the room.

Scott made his to Deucalion, only to discover he wasn't in the spot he was earlier.

"SCOTT." Deucalion roared.

Everyone had stopped fighting and they turned to see Deucalion. Scott noticed that Liam had made his way to Stiles and Lydia.

Lydia was starting to tear up. Scott was so confused. He noticed that Brett was on the ground. He realized that Brett had tried to go after Deucalion.

Deucalion had ahold of Reign. She was struggling to get away.

"Your pack has risen, Scott. Now it's time for it to fall."

Scott started towards him. "Don't do this. Please." He begged.

"She has power, Scott. I want that power. It will be mine." Deucalion yelled.

"Please. Come save me." Reign whimpered out.

Lydia's crying got more heavy. Scott suddenly realized why she was crying.

She knew who was about to die.

"DEUCALION NO!" Scott shouted.

He was too late.

Deucalion grabbed ahold of Reign by the neck and slashed it with his claws.

Brett screamed out.

It was all such a blur. Slow motion. Scott couldn't process what was happening. Not Reign. She was a good person. She had a huge life ahead of her.

Reign fell to the ground, a single tear slipping down her cheek. Her eyes were open, but they were glassy.

She was dead.

Liam had seen all of it, he was struggling not to call her name out.

Lydia broke down. Her sobs were loud and uncontrollable. Stiles grabbed her and held onto her.

Slow motion. Such a blur. Scott just stood there.

Deucalion and his pack had left in all of the commotion. No one seemed to notice.

Kira dropped her weapon. She fell to her knees.

BRETT:

I ran over to Reign, tears blurring my vision. A pool of blood surrounded her neck.

"Reign..." I whispered.

Her eyes stared at nothing. Blank, lifeless eyes.

"REIGN!" I cried out, sobbing.

I lifted her head up and rested it on my chest.

"Don't leave me." I whispered.

"Don't leave me..."