•Chapter Sixteen•

REIGN:

I woke up the next morning feeling refreshed and super relaxed. Memories from last night came rushing back and I smiled.

I curled up against Brett and he wrapped his arm around me. He kissed the top of my forehead.

His eyes were still closed and I could tell he wanted to sleep longer. So I got up quietly and went downstairs into the kitchen and saw a note on the refrigerator.

Reign,
Your father and I went on a business trip to Miami. We won't be back until next Sunday. Don't forget to lock the doors whenever you leave.
We love you,
Mom

I sighed. They were never here. Pushing that thought away,
I decided to make Brett breakfast.

As I was making the pancake batter, arms wrapped around my waist and pulled me close. I giggled and turned around. Brett leaned down and kissed me. His lips were so soft and warm.

"I'm making you breakfast." I said to him, smiling. He kissed me again.

"You know...we don't have to eat breakfast." He said against my lips.

I agreed and jumped up, wrapping my legs around his waist. Our kisses were deeper and more passionate. He snaked his hand behind my head and his other hand slid to my lower back.
We went upstairs and collapsed onto my bed, still holding each other and kissing.

I didn't want this moment to end.

But it did.