Chapter 2 ~ Introductions

I helped Charlie set him down onto the couch then stepped back a few steps, eyes wide. By the tightness in his jaw I assumed he was clenching his teeth, probably in pain. I waited for him to look up and when he did it was there in his eyes, untamed pain. He closed them and turned his face away. I swallowed loudly and turned toward Charlie, raising an eyebrow at him, willing him to explain or at least introduce us. All he did was clear his throat and walk right out of the room. I guess its all me then. I thought sarcastically.

"Hey," I hesitantly started.

"Hello," he murmered, still looking down. I lowered my head and inched towards the couch.

"I'm Isabella, but you can just call me Bella," I mentioned, sitting down a foot away from him. He didnt respond right away, so I did what I did when I became nervous, biting my lower lip and freezing.

After about 30 seconds he responded, "Edward Masen," he turned his head towards me, smiling crookedly, "but you can call me Edward."

I bit my lip again, but this time in amusment, trying to hide my smile. I failed miserably and looked up at him. His eyes were glowing. I lost my train of thought, it was like he was reading my soul, I think I stopped breathing and became very limp. I felt like a noodle. Edward chuckled gently, breaking his gaze from me. I sucked in a deep breath and steadied myself, noting that Charlie was returning to the livingroom.

"So," he began, "Bells this is Edward, Edward this is Bella."

"A little late for introductions dad." I almost whispered, rolling my eyes. "I uh, I need to get my things from outside." I scurried up and outside, grabbing the now damp quilt and my old torn books.

When I stepped into the front hall again I stopped in place, hearing a conversation between my father and Edward.

"Yes, Edward you need to stay here while-" Charlie was cut off.

"Sir I appreciate it, but really I'm fine and can move right into my Aunt and Uncles home. Child services said that would be alright."

"Though that may be true I would feel much safer with you staying here for a few days until they return, you can barely walk and most importantly, you need support, especially after what you have been through." Charlie replied in a soft yet strict tone. Edward seemed to notice the non comprisable order and stayed quiet. I walked in after that, making sure not to show the huge smile that was plastered on my face.

"Are either of you hungry for anything in particular?" I asked, unsure of what Edward likes. Charlie's eyes lit up at the thought of me making dinner and quickly suggested I make my homemade lasagna. I nodded and rushed off to the kitchen, but tripping as soon as I turned around.

I heard Charlie chuckle and a softer musicical laugh sound along. I blushed and hurried on, anxious to be out of the attention.

****************************************************************************************

"The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances; if there is any reaction, both are transformed."

-Carl Gustav Jung

Next upload is soon! Voting helps! Thanx!!