Chapter 9 ~ Their Story

Apparently Emmet loves it when I blush or, finds it amusing. Therefore he will find all sorts of jokes and embarrassing comments for me just to laugh at me when I do blush. You would think I could quit blushing after so many statements, but I cant. I has its own mind! Ugh...

Esme was making dinner now, while Alice and Rosalie were restocking closets, throwing all the worn clothes out to make room for the new. They had planned another shopping trip for tomorrow but for closet restock clothes only. I was even invited along, but I politely turned them down, telling them I had fun and all but I'm not big on shopping and going two days a week all day was a bit much for me. All Alice said was, "We'll give you a break for now Bella, but just remember that we will make it a priority to make you LOVE shopping!" That was the comment that had scared me. So now I was seated on the couch in the living room glancing at the T.V. every now and then. Carlisle was due home any minute now, and as said last night then unknowingly repeated to me after I went down to see the boys, he wanted to talk with me. I was fine with this, I like Carlisle very much,but I already understood. I think Esme had something else in mind to talk of though. She kept looking at me with knowing eyes and a small smile. Sometimes with a tear streaking down her face.

Charlie had been home for a few hours now, so I went to the kitchen and dialed his number. I saw Esme glance my way and tell me to invite him for dinner again.

"Hey dad,"

"Hey Bells, thought you'd be home by now. Still at the Cullens?" He asked.

"Yea, sorry I didnt call or anything, Alice and Rosalie dragged me out to go shopping.." I trailed off. He started laughing hard, imagining me walking though the mall I'm sure. Once he got control of himself he spoke again.

"Sorry Bells, did you enjoy yourself?" he was still laughing. I started to get more irritated by the minute. It wasnt funny and I didnt like him laughing at me for it.

"Yea dad, lots of fun." I said coldly with lots of sarcasm, "Esme said you should come by for dinner tonight."

"Oh ok, well uh, I kind of already ordered a pizza. But if she still wants me to come over..."

"No dad it's fine, if you already ate don't worry about it ok?" I told him, rather desprate not to have to deal with him right now. Just then Carlisle walked through the door, Esme greeting him with a kiss.

"Look dad I got to go, I'll be home later ok?" I quickly rushed out.

"Ok Bells, have fun." Then I hung up. My temper had flared a bit but I surpressed it for Esme and Carlisle, I just didnt want to deal with my dad. I know all he did was laugh, but it flared my irritation, especially after all of Emmets jokes...

I walked back into the living room. I saw Edward sitting on the couch next to Jasper, quietly talking. I got suspicious after Jasper looked my way twice. Carlisle captured my attention a few seconds later.

"Bella, may I have a word?" Carlisle asked me.

I nodded, "Of course Carlisle,"

He started up the stairs toward his study I assumed. I followed. He motioned for me to sit down in one of his chairs while he sat behind his desk. His study was filled with more books then Forks library I'm sure. Old looking paintings hung from the walls, almost looking like a time line. It was a peaceful place in here, almost a different world from the rest of the house.

"So what did you want to talk about?" I asked.

He cleared his throat, "Bella, I'm sure Esme has thanked you, and I do aswell. I appriciate you being here for Edward, but I want to make sure you know what he is going through." I just nodded, not wanting to bumb his whole speech by saying something like 'I already know, don't worry about saying anything.'