Chapter 4 ~ The Interrogation

"Bells." A framiliar voice sounded. No...go away. i wanted to say. I tried swatting my arm towards the voice, but he only caught it and then chuckled quietly. Next I was being shook. Ugh! I'm trying to sleep here!

"No....." I muttered. "go away." more laughing occured, but in a hushed tone. I finally dragged my eyes open to find Charlie hovering over me, trying to wake me up. I then realised that my head was resting on something warm....Edward! How long had I been out? We were watching a movie, I must have fallen asleep. I looked up at him, he was sleeping too, lightly snoring.

I took a deep breath, remembering that Charlie was standing right in front of me. I blushed scarlet and cleared my throat, slowly getting up and twisting out of Edward's arm.I heard Charlie follow behind me asi headed for the kitchen. Huh, he was probably going to question me about what he came home to, not that it was anything bad or whatever. Charlie could be a little protective sometimes. I reached the fridge and pulled out things to make for tacos.I was trying to forget my audience.Sighing,I turned around, willing Charlie to start when he was ready.

"So, Bella," He used my 'nickname' so that was good, he wasn't to mad then. Charlie would always use 'Isabella' when he was truely angry.

"Should I be expecting a certain cough, Edward, cough, boy around here a lot?" My mouth must have been hanging open because Charlie took it apon himself to continue. "Close your mouth Bells, you'll let the flys in. I'm just wondering if you two are like, a thing or whatever you call it these days."

"Dad!" I half yelled. "Since when do you worry about me having a boyfriend?Which by the way, he is not. We are just friends." I scoffed in my head, then sighed. I wanted more then friendship with Edward.

He chuckled, "Seems I need to start, you two looked quite comfortable." Now he was hiding a smile. My eyes went as huge as dinner plates as I tried to figure out where this Charlie had come from. When has he ever spoken like this? He was always quiet and a non humorous person, but now, now he has gained a sense of sarcasm?

"I um- we just," I couldn't speak, my brain was trying to come find a suitable answer to satisfy a father of a girl who had never had a boyfriend or even as much as a 'boy' friend. I collected myself and spoke again.

"We were eating lunch and must have fallen asleep, sorry dad, I-" I rushed it all out, I needed him not to worry about this.

"Woah! Bells calm down there." he laughed again. I was so confused. "You are acting like you commited a crime and are trying to justify a reason."

"You aren't....mad?" I asked, attemping to understand his mind.

"No? Should I be? Edward is a great kid. Which reminds me," Charlie started again, "was that the two of you up 'chatting' last night?"

I opened my mouth, probably about to start rambling again, but then shut it. I felt as though I was competing with myself, tell him, don't tell him.

"I'll take that as a yes." He answered himself. "When I woke up I went to check to make sure Edward was ok for me to go off to work. When I opened the door I saw you both sleeping. I nearly laughed my head off. The irony of what I was about to ask him and what I found." He was laughing hard now. I was frozen on the spot. I was extremely surprized that he wasn't mad. Also that he seemed more joyful, more happy now. It made me curious as to what happened to him to make him act this way.

We heard something hard being dragged across the floor, so we turned to see. Edward was walking to the kitchen with no crutches and no help.

"Edward! Stop!" I raced over to where he was and put my arm around his waist, trying to give him support.

"What?" He asked, all innocently. I stared up at him, more like glared as I led him to a chair across from Charlie. Who I could feel staring at. Once he sat I went back to making dinner.

"I heard talking after I woke up, so I followed that and came here." He explained with his dazzling crooked smile. I suddenly got nervous that he heard everything that was said. It was silent in the kitchen till I finally asked Edward a question.

"So, are you ready for tomorrow morning?" Tomorrow was the day Edward moved in with his cousins. I sure wasn't ready for him to leave. I wanted him to stay for our late night talking, or all day sleeping. I thought with a chuckle.

"What's so funny Bells?" Charlie asked before Edward could answer.

"It's nothing...Edward?" I encouraged.

"Oh, uh, I- I think so. I'm nervous I suppose..." He trailed off. Charlie laughed a little. Both Edward and I look towards him for an explanation. He just chuckled again. I raised an eyebrow, but otherwise went back to dinner.

About 10 minutes later, dinner was ready. We ate in silence, as the nights before and soon enough Charlie was saying goodnight.

Edward turned in his chair to face me then, his face was angled down, so I couldn't see his eyes. I waited for him to speak. "Edward? You ok?" I finally asked. He let out a breath.

"Bella, I don't know if I can do this, if I can-if I want to-should I?" he getting himself more scared, as I would be too.

"Calm down Edward, it will all work out, it's ok." I tried comforting him, taking him hands in mine, he was freezing. "Listen, I know your scared, but really, this family is amazing. I don't personally know them, but I've heard wonders about them. Carlisle is a doctor, an incredible surgeon. Esme does a lot of work in Seattle sometimes, with design I think. Her kids, Alice and Emmet, they seem nice. They keep to themselves, but thats a good thing sometimes. I know they will except you into their family, as family. Not only because your their nephew, but because of their, especially Esme's, compassion."

He was still looking down so I took one hand and pulled his chin up. Streaks of tears were running down his face. "Oh, Edward trust me, it's ok." I whispered, pulling him into a hug. His arms wrapped around my waist, pulling me closer to him. He sat me down on his good knee and buried his face in my hair. "You smell so good." He said laughing gently. I rested my head on his shoulder, my arms around his back.

"I only truely trust you, Bella. I can't do this alone." He sounded so ashamed.

"Don't be embarrassed," I said as the night before, "I'll be here to help with whatever. I promise." I was hesitant to tell him that school, not that he was going now, was NOT going to be easy.

He let a breath out, making me shiver in response. We sat there for what felt like hours, but was probably only half and hour. I didn't want to get up, I didn't want this night to end. I wanted to stay in his arms forever and never let go, but we needed sleep, especially with what was happening tomorrow. I would keep my promise to him, I would skip school to do it too. As long as he wanted or needed me, I would be there.

Sighing I lifted my head up to look at him, "Edward, we should get some sleep."

He groaned, but started to get up anyways. I stood and helped him. He was getting better at walking, but without his crutches he was unstable. We took the stairs one at a time and made our way to my rented out room. After I set him on the bed I stepped back and grinned at him, then said goodnight.

After my nightly routine of showering and brushing my hair and teeth I quietly went downstairs and set up the couch for bed.

***************************************************************************************

"I've grown certain that the root of all fear is that we've been forced to deny who we are."

                -Frances Moore Lappe

Can't wait to upload more! Please please please commet and vote!! love to hear from you!! Oh and if anyone has any quotes they like to share with me, feel free to message them too me! Nxt update soon!!