Chapter 11 ~ Official

I wasn't surprised when we walked down the stairs into the kitchen and through the living room. Emmet and Jasper looked up from their video game and winked, I gave them an apolgetic smile which they laughed at. Figures. Alice and Rose were sitting at the computer, doing something or another. I also didn't know what time Rosalie came over. When we entered the kitchen, Esme seemed to have heard our entrance and spoke.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you lunch was ready. I didn't want to interrupt..." Esme told us, giving us a small smile.

"It's fine Esme, no worries." I reasured her.

Esme sat some soup in front of us, but as I was about to grab the spoon, I realised Edward hadn't let go of my hand. I didn't mind this at all, but he would have to let go if he wanted to eat, seeing as his other hand was encased in plaster.  I turned to see him frowning at this. Squeezing his hand,  I let go so we could eat. Edward sighed but didn’t object.

After lunch Emmet and Jasper were fighting over what video game to play next, so Esme decided to intercede.

“Boys, stop being such brats and go outside, enjoy the sun while it’s out!” She had a point, it was rare to see sun here. Maybe I could take advantage of it.

“I’ll be right back,” I whispered to Edward before going upstairs to Alice’s room. I knocked but Alice answered as I was, so I just went in.

“Hey guys.” I greeted.

“Hey Bella! Want to join our party?” They were going through Alice’s clothes, discarding the ones she wouldn’t wear. I rolled my eyes, “Uh, no thanks… I just wanted to let you know that today would be a good day for sunbathing. It’s nice out, I was wondering Alice if you had a tank top I could borrow?” I was scared to ask her this, due to her love of all things clothes and dress up, but I didn’t want to sweat through my sweater I wore here.

“Yes!! Oh Rose that’s a great idea don’t you think? We should go tan!” Alice enthused. Rose and I laughed, “Al isn’t it a bit chilly yet for tanning? I mean yes the sun is out but-“Rosalie was cut off.

“NO! It is never too late for tanning!” Alice looked horrified at the idea. She came forward and pulled me into her room, shut the door and took out her phone.

“Jasper! I need you to get Emmet and Edward changed into something that we can tan in!” Alice instructed as if we had seconds left.

“Yes! That would be fine, yes.” She answered his response while digging through her closet.

“Ok! Bye!” Her smile broke out finally, “Bella! Rose! Get changed into these,” Alice threw us pieces of clothing. I didn’t catch mine, but Rose did. When I finally got it so that I figured out what the material was I looked at Alice horrified.

“Alice I can’t and won’t wear this, there is like, no material here!” I told her.

“Oh Bella, you can pull it off. Now go change in my bathroom.” She rolled her eyes and pushed me in, closing the door behind me. I took a deep breath, knowing I asked for this by asking for an article of clothing. I quickly stripped and changed into the small bathing suit. It was a string bikini, completely black. I was amazed it fit me, and that I actually didn’t look that bad in it either. I was interrupted by Alice banging on the door.

“You done yet? I have to do your hair then get you a tank top.” She asked frantically. I laughed,   “Alice we have all day.” I told her, trying to calm her while walking out of the bathroom. I was immediately ambushed and pushed into a chair with a mirror in front of it.

“Alice! There is no way your doing my hair when we are only going outside to relax! And can I please have something to cover up with?” I asked pleadingly. She rolled her eyes while Rosalie grabbed me a dark red tank.