Chapter 5 ~ Fairytale

THUD!

I rolled over, frightened by the load noise. I obviously forgot where I was due to the fact that when I rolled, I fell off the couch and hit my head on the coffee table.

“Ow…” I mumbled.

After untangling my blankets from around me I stood up and trudged over to the kitchen, searching for the source. What I found didn’t shock me much; Charlie was just as clumsy as I. That’s where I got it from, like everything else about me it seemed.

“Dad, what time is it?” My voice was still asleep. I didn’t have the best nights sleep. I just couldn’t get comfortable, especially after I had slept in Edward’s arms the night before last. There was nothing that would compare to that kind of comfort.

“About 5AM. Sorry Bells didn’t mean to wake you up.” He apologized, looking briefly at me while fixing a mug of coffee, and then filling a thermos. I didn’t respond, just sat myself down in a chair and leaned my head in my hand. I must have dozed off because the next thing I knew Charlie was shaking me awake. I moaned, but opened my eyes.

When he saw me open them he started talking, “I have to go in for today Bella, I planned to help move him and what not, get him used to the Cullen’s, but they had an emergency and needed me down there. I don’t know when I will be done.” He shook his head, looked down then back up at me. I raised my eyebrows, telling him I was still listening. “Do you think you could help out with him? Moving him and all? I talked to Carlisle yesterday at work and he said he will be back in town around 9 AM, so you could come about 10. Ok?”

“Ok dad.” I said in a monotone, still wishing to sleep. He nodded his head then turned to leave. He stopped when he reached the door and walked back to the kitchen, grabbing his thermos and saying one more thing, “If I’m not at the station leave a message with someone if you need to call. Otherwise wait till I get back to ask. See ya kid.”

“Ok, bye. Be careful.” I replied.

“Always am.” He muttered back as he walked out the door.  

Groaning, I laid my head down on the table, quickly falling asleep.

All to soon I awoke to more noise and a stiff back, something smelled good. Yawning first, I lifted my head and opened my eyes. Everything was blurry at first, but as it cleared I saw Edward standing at the stove.

“Morning.” I quickly got out before a massive yawn. He turned and smiled at me, then replied, “Morning sleepy.” I grinned, he was right, I was sleepy.

“How did you sleep?” I asked, turning in my chair to face him.

It looked as though he was trying to not smile, “Ok, and you?”

“Not the best night of my life.” I frowned. I was curious to what he was making, and how he made it smell so good. I walked over to where he awkwardly stood, with his weight on a crutch and his good side.

“Smells good Edward,” I mentioned before asking him, “Now what in the world are you doing cooking?”

 He chuckled, and then frowned, “Giving you a break. You seem to always be the responsible one here; I thought I would take it off your hands for a day.” He smiled crookedly towards me, as I reached for the counter so I wouldn’t fall.

“How did you learn to make eggs?” I changed the subject.

His lips pursed and forehead creased, “I suppose it is the one main thing I would eat, always making them myself whenever I could.” I looked down, right. I thought, shouldn’t have asked. He looked at me then, “They were awful at first,” he laughed, “I had never cooked before in my life. Now I can do them with my eyes closed.”