Chapter 15 ~ An Apology

“How did it go?” Esme asked us once we walked in the door.

“Well, Bella feel asleep in the waiting room,” Edward laughed, squeezing my side and smiling down at me. “Otherwise, it went well, Catherine is nice person.”

Esme laughed, shook her head and waltzed back into the kitchen.

“Edward?” I whispered once Esme was out of the room.

“Yes love?” He answered. I took a deep breath.

“I want to go tell Charlie I’m sorry. I shouldn’t be hiding from him.” I explained, hoping he wouldn’t be mad. His expression showed worry, but he nodded slowly.

“Are you sure? I mean—he hurt you Bella, I don’t want that to happen again.”

“I’m sure.” I gave him a small smile.

“I’m coming with you. I don’t want to let you do this alone.” Edward said seriously.

“I wouldn’t expect you not to.” I whispered, looking up at him with happiness probably shining through my eyes.

“Esme, I’m going to see Charlie. Edward is coming too. We’ll be back later ok?” I called out to her.

Her head peaked around the wall, a smile on her face. She nodded, so I grabbed Edward’s hand and we went back out to the truck. Once I got in the drivers seat from helping Edward in, I started laughing.

“What is so funny?” Edward asked, looking for the source of my laughter. I looked at his face; he was completely confused, which made me laugh harder.

“What? Did I do something?” He asked again. Once I calmed down I told him.

“It was just the look on your face when you were looking to find a station on the radio…I don’t know why it was so funny, but it was. Then you were so confused…” I chuckled again, only to get a head shake from Edward. We sat in silence after that, until we pulled into the police station.

“Bella wait,” Edward told me before I got out.

“Yes?” I turned towards him.

“Just, are you ready?” He asked, worried.

I nodded, “Yes.” I replied before getting out and walking around to help him out.

“How is your arm and leg doing by the way?” I asked as we waddled up the stairs.

“They feel fine I guess, completely useless though.” He grumbled, making me giggle a bit. I took a deep breath before walking though the threshold of the station.

“Bella, what are you doing here? Who’s this?” Mark asked as we walked to my dad’s office. Mark is a friend of Charlie; they often play cards or watch the game. Anything to keep busy I guess.

“Hey Mark, this is Edward. I’m just visiting my dad.” I answered his questions. He nodded his head.

“I think Charlie is in his office, if not, he probably will be there soon.” He told us, looking at my cuts on my face and Edwards injuries carefully.

“Thanks.” I said, walking off to Charlie before he would question us more.

Charlie wasn’t there, so we sat in the chairs opposite his desk, waiting. Edward took my hand is his and gave it a light squeeze.  

“What do you want to do after this?” I asked Edward, not sure what to do myself.

“Hmm, could we go visitCarlisleat the hospital? I haven’t been there yet, surprising I know…in a town this small, I should have seen everything by now.” He laughed, smiling at me.