Chapter 10 ~ Ganging up

The morning was slow and tiring. I was so exhausted from last night, not being able to sleep and all. I was sure that the reason for my lack of sleep was because I was already used to sleeping in Edward’s arms or in this case, arm. I knew that wasn’t the best thing, but it was the truth. Once I decided that I couldn’t stand being in Charlie’s empty house any longer, I headed over to the Cullen’s place. They of course could hear my monstrous roar from my truck about a mile away, so once I had stopped the engine and exited the vehicle; I was attacked by a blur of black hair. Alice jumped me, making me stubble backwards till I hit the side of the truck.   

“You’re back!” Alice repeated over and over again. I laughed a little as she dragged me behind her into the house. After stepping through the threshold Esme came up and enveloped me in a hug. I don’t know where Alice had gone, but as soon as Esme met me then she disappeared.

“Hi, I hope I wasn’t interrupting anything?” I laughed. Esme pulled back and with wide eyes said, “No! Bella dear it is so good you came back!” I looked around in that moment. Emmet was sitting on the couch, T.V. on, but not watching it. His neck was craned back looking at me with speculative eyes.

“Can I help you Emmet?” I raised an eyebrow. His mischievous grin I already knew too well appeared. 

“Sure…have a seat Bells.” Emmet patted the space next to him. Esme returned to whatever she was doing before, while I walked over to the empty spot on the couch.

“So Bella, do you like your room here? Is the bed comfortable?” Emmet asked me. Ugh, he knew and he was going to tease me about it.

“It’s a nice room, thanks Emmet.” I replied trying to not understand what he was talking about. He chuckled.

“And the bed?” He kept laughing.

“Good, do you know where you got those mattresses’? They were very soft.” His grin faltered a little, but grew double time after that.

“Lets get down to business shall we? Everybody knows Edward has the hots for you, but do you feel the same way?” That was said rather bluntly, but I suppose that was Emmet. I immediately blushed and bit my lip. What do I say to that?

Emmet boomed laughter, “I won’t tell if that’s what you’re worried about.”

“Could you keep your voice down Emmet?” I screeched.

“Awe! But where’s the fun in that?” He whispered. I gave him an annoyed look but he only laughed more.

“So you do?” Emmet whispered, horribly might I add. Would he really not tell? I didn’t know if he would or not. But apparently everyone knows.

“Edward doesn’t like me Emmet. He likes that he has a constant person that is helping him out, nothing more. He has no reason to like me.” I told him with little confidence in my voice. He rolled his eyes then stared me down. I blushed more and looked down.

“Of course he likes you, now why don’t you admit you like him too?” He asked rather seriously.

“Because there is nothing to tell Em-“I was interrupted.

“Just admit it Bella, I promise we wont tell, besides, it’s pretty obvious.” Jasper came out of no where and said.

“How is it obvious and how can I trust you when your telling me he likes me? Isn’t that kind of betraying him?” I questioned. They gave each other an exasperated look then looked back at me.

“Your face is like a book Bella, it’s written all over your face, also in the way you two interact and talk. Also we are not betraying him. He never told us this, but it is very obvious. You haven’t seen him when you’re not around Bella. He is a mess then.” Jasper said in a way that gave me no actual response. I just shook my head and looked at my feet that were encased in white socks.