Chapter 12 ~ Cleaning Day

Dinner was embarrassing, mostly because Emmet kept making jokes which pointedly included Edward and I. Luckily Charlie didn’t understand or seem to notice andCarlisleand Esme gave him the warning look several times. That wasn’t all that made it awkward though. Everyone there knew Edward and I were together now, everyone except my father, and I knew that he would not take it lightly. I was letting off a lot of tension as I sat next to Edward in my chair. At last, when dinner ended, I rushed to help Esme with the dishes, avoiding my father as much as possible. I knew he felt and probably saw how tense I was and I wouldn’t put it past him to question me when I got home.

I felt as if I was in a dream when I was over at the Cullen’s. Everything seemed to perfect, then when Jasper and Rosalie came by, which was very often; it made it even more inhuman. I never wanted to let it go.

Esme and I washed the dishes in comfortable silence, we finished fairly quickly. I was then rushed off to the living room where everyone was convened to watch a movie. This is going to be fun. I thought sarcastically to myself. Charlie was sitting in the arm chair to the right of the couch.Aliceand Jasper where sitting on the floor in front of the couch with Rosalie and Emmet leaned back against the coffee table to the right and slightly in front of them.Carlislewas seated in the love chair, with Esme coming to join him. That left the couch, where Edward was seated on, foot up in front of him. I walked over to where he sat, only looking at him, not at the several pairs of eyes I could feel on me. Charlie included. I sat about a foot away from Edward, hoping that the small distance would help the pull I felt towards him. Of course, as soon as the movie started and the lights were off, he pulled my body towards his own, subtly wrapping his arm around my waist. I wasn’t able to keep my eyes open for very long before I felt myself fall asleep. My head resting on Edwards shoulder, completely forgetting Charlie was here.

I half woke up to a warm hand stoking my cheek. I felt disoriented for a while, till I remembered what happened the night before. I didn’t remember what happened after I fell asleep, I didn’t even remember where I was at. Did I go home? Did I stay on the couch? I tried rolling to my side, only to feel an arm quickly pull me back. I opened my eyes and saw Edward’s eyes full of relief and panic.

“What’s wrong?” I asked in a groggy voice. I must have slept over again.

“You almost rolled off the bed, you scared me.” He explained. Edward’s face relaxed when I rested my head on his chest and rested my arm across him, hugging his side to me.

“Good morning, what happened last night?” I asked, already sure, but wanting to make sure. I listened to his hearts beat rhythm while he breathed in and out.

“You fell asleep half way through the movie, Charlie didn’t notice till the movie was over and the lights were turned on. Carlisle explained to Charlie that you could stay here, that you had a designated room. He was too tired to argue, so Emmet carried you upstairs and lay in here.

“Mmm…” I mumbled, completely comfortable. Edward’s head rested on mine, I could feel him breath in and out my smell. I then realized that I probably don’t smell that great, especially my breath. I started to maneuver out of his hold to take a shower.

“Where are you going?” He asked, trying to hold me to him.

“I need to shower and get dressed in clean clothes, also get some breakfast.” I told him, looking into his eyes. He frowned, but otherwise let me go. I leaned down to kiss his cheek then raced out of the room and upstairs.

After my shower, I went into my room and found Alice sitting on my bed waiting for me.

“Um, hi Alice.” I looked over at her scared.